AC750 dual band travel router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 14:17:43 - last edited 2023-02-16 09:53:27

Hi all.

Thinking about purchasing an AC750 travel router to use on vacation trips. Most places I stay at require accessing their WiFi network via a captive portal which requires more authentication than just username and password (IE date of arrival, date of departure, email address etc). I can't find a dummies guide about how this can be done with an AC750. Anyone managed it? If so I would really appreciate sharing the how-to method please. Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AC750 dual band travel router-Solution
2022-11-23 03:32:29 - last edited 2023-02-16 09:53:27

@prhandley 

That really depends on those WiFi networks I believe. This travel router should be designed to work with different captive portal networks, when connecting it to that network and you can see the portal authentication, that means you made it. However, I saw some posts mentioning the portal popup just doesn't show up when connecting to the travel router, you check it here.

faded_memories shared a solution here, maybe you can give it a try if you decided to buy it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 dual band travel router-Solution
2022-11-23 03:32:29 - last edited 2023-02-16 09:53:27

@prhandley 

That really depends on those WiFi networks I believe. This travel router should be designed to work with different captive portal networks, when connecting it to that network and you can see the portal authentication, that means you made it. However, I saw some posts mentioning the portal popup just doesn't show up when connecting to the travel router, you check it here.

faded_memories shared a solution here, maybe you can give it a try if you decided to buy it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 291

Replies: 1

Related Articles