TP Link modem not working at new apartment.

2024-01-03 20:38:24 - last edited 2024-01-31 07:48:51
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Troubleshooting
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2

Okay I'd like to apologise as I don't know the firmware or hardware versions. But I don't think those are the issues. I believe the issue stems from not having a router to plug into. Currently we have something called an ONP from ONFL I think and it only has one WAN port on it which I have plugged into the modem. It let's me connect and set it all up but there is no Internet. Any ideas

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link modem not working at new apartment. -Solution
2024-01-04 09:12:00 - last edited 2024-01-31 07:48:51

@Curtisw 

Please follow this guide to choose correct operation mode for TL-WR092AC and then set it up accordingly:

How to choose the right working mode for the Nano pocket routers

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link modem not working at new apartment. -Solution
2024-01-04 09:12:00 - last edited 2024-01-31 07:48:51

@Curtisw 

Please follow this guide to choose correct operation mode for TL-WR092AC and then set it up accordingly:

How to choose the right working mode for the Nano pocket routers

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP Link modem not working at new apartment.
2024-01-04 10:25:39

Almost certainly how your line is configured at the isp end, if your isp uses a Vlan ID setting of zero ( 0 ) no TP routers can currently use the 0 setting, the solution is to contact your isp and ask if they can assist quoting the Vlan ID setting as being the likely culprit.

Having read you again you don't need a modem with an ONT the ONT is the modem you need a router from the AX series but if that fails it'll be the above reason for it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 2

Tags

Access Point Mode
Troubleshooting
Related Articles