AX6000 EasyMesh Support ./ ethernet backhaul

Votes

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.52177(5553)

Please give notice if the AX6000 is still under consideration for inclusion in the EasyMesh program for wired ethernet backhaul.

It was listed as being considered.  It has been dropped from that list.

I only bought the device because it was being considered.

If it is 100% out of the program can you give me a discount on a new router?  I will send this one back to you or disable it and take a picture.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX6000 EasyMesh Support ./ ethernet backhaul
2 weeks ago

@cmarv 

Sorry to hear that. It is listed clearly that "Note: The EasyMesh firmware update for products marked "Planned" is not a guarantee. The compatible device list will be updated regularly, and TP-Link reserves the right to modify this page at any time without notifying the user."

From TP-Link EasyMesh Devices for Home

Options
2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S  - Totally get it, that is why it makes sense to have an upgrade / trade-up program for folks who want to continue to invest in TP-Link!

Hoping that someone in sales picks up on this opportunity.

Sonos has a great program where they offer large discounts on new devices to existing customers.  To qualify, they make customers take a picture of the old device, serial number, and they either digitally brick the device or I believe they have the customer physically damage it, and document the damage.

It generates significant good will, and drives clients to the newer devices that are easier to manage, support, etc.

Best

Chris

Options
2 weeks ago

@cmarv 

Hi, thanks for your further feedback.

We don't have any specific details that I can share around if Ethernet Backhaul about Easymesh feature can come to your router model, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a 'Future Consideration' for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 58

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.