16ports switch connected directly to OMADA ER605

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I have Tplink Omada ER605 and a 16ports Tplink switch. My question is can I connect the switch directly to Omada and control the bandwidth of each IP connected to the switch?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:16ports switch connected directly to OMADA ER605-Solution

Hi @Jzoler 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You have to configure the control on the router and specify the control to each IP address or you cannot.

The switch is a dummy switch, which means you have to limit the traffic from the router's port to the switch.

You can try this out but since the switch is based on layer 2, the bandwidth control might not be effective on the switch but when they are back to the router, it is effective.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:16ports switch connected directly to OMADA ER605-Solution

Hi @Jzoler 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You have to configure the control on the router and specify the control to each IP address or you cannot.

The switch is a dummy switch, which means you have to limit the traffic from the router's port to the switch.

You can try this out but since the switch is based on layer 2, the bandwidth control might not be effective on the switch but when they are back to the router, it is effective.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:16ports switch connected directly to OMADA ER605
2 weeks ago
I have another post, do you mind checking it out? thank you. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/665632?page=1
Options