No real bridge mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No real bridge mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No real bridge mode?
No real bridge mode?
2014-09-17 05:06:41
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just bought the TL-WR702N to use as a travel router and trying to set up bridge mode, but it just won't work for me.

I have turned off wifi and connected the 702N on the ethernet port to my PC. I have selected a manual 192.168.0.100 as IP and connect to the 702N.

I select bridge mode and connect it to my home wifi (which has 10.0.0.x addresses).

After a couple of reboots, the 702N ends up with address 10.0.0.14 and gives me an address in the same address space 10.0.0.21 probably through the existing DHCP server - so it simply (it seems) extends the existing network. I would call that "repeat mode." The only thing changed is the SSID name.

Is it not possible to create a separate network with a separate address space (e.g. the default 192.168.0.xx), but bridged through the 702N to the existing wifi network?

My intention with the device was to create my own little network in my own address space, from a single free wifi "slot" in e.g. a hotel.
Options
1 Reply
Re:No real bridge mode?
2014-09-17 09:32:47
You need WISP mode? It doesn't support it...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 1

Related Articles