Does the model TL-SG1016DE can do trunk on VLAN ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 17:34:11 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:24
Model: TL-SG1016DE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220825

SHORT version: Can This TL-SG1016DE  (Easy Smart) model do VLAN trunk?

LONG version:

1. I just have one cable from the Server room to the other room where the computers are, and I need to have various VLAND’s on the other room, can this model do trunk?
  1. I fit can, it will be enough to buy a  TL-SG108E for the other room?

Thanks a lot for your time

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Does the model TL-SG1016DE can do trunk on VLAN ?-Solution
2023-09-06 01:08:36 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:12

Hi @User-A 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You may find this article helpful in configuration. There is a trunk setup in the guide. Note that trunk is a term to describe a port with multi-VLAN. We don't have this term in the config but it is trunk if you assign multi-VLAN to it.

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on TP-Link Easy Smart/Unmanaged Pro Switches

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Does the model TL-SG1016DE can do trunk on VLAN ?
2023-09-05 03:24:30 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:12

Hi @User-A 

Yes.

108E is the same basically the same as 1016DE but lacks some port management due to its fewer ports.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Does the model TL-SG1016DE can do trunk on VLAN ?
2023-09-05 08:05:56 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:12

Hi @Clive_A 

Can you please help me or point me where I have to go to learn to do the trunk on my switches, the menus I have on my switch are this ones, can you guide me please?

Thanks a lot for your time

Options
Re:Does the model TL-SG1016DE can do trunk on VLAN ?-Solution
2023-09-06 01:08:36 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:12

Hi @User-A 

You may find this article helpful in configuration. There is a trunk setup in the guide. Note that trunk is a term to describe a port with multi-VLAN. We don't have this term in the config but it is trunk if you assign multi-VLAN to it.

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on TP-Link Easy Smart/Unmanaged Pro Switches

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 3

Related Articles