Question about 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+ modul - enable flow control when peer connection has not 10 Gbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Question about 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+ modul - enable flow control when peer connection has not 10 Gbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 04:48:38

Hi,

in the Maual to the 10Gbit SFP+ transceiver it is written that you have to enable flow control on the port when the peer connection has not 10 Gbps.    In omada controller, when i select the uplink port, there is a message that says something like "This is the uplink port, you shouldnt change anything" .     

Am i right that i have to enable flow control on every port when the connection has not 10Gbps?   I wonder because ihave a modem/router which has only 2.5Gbps.    WOuld that mean that i have to enable flow control on every sfp+ port powered with the 10Gbps SFP+ modul of tp-link

Options
8 Reply
Re:Question about 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+ modul - enable flow control when peer connection has not 10 Gbps
2023-09-06 02:28:37

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you connect a 2.5Gbps modem, please keep flow control enabled.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Question about 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+ modul - enable flow control when peer connection has not 10 Gbps
2023-09-06 02:50:21

@Clive_A thanks.  On every port that has not a 10ths connection and on the uplink too right ?

Options
2023-09-06 02:51:44

Hi @Daniel2908 

Correct.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-21 16:11:50
Question i have 1.5 gb internet using cat8 cable if i had this model would my internal network speed increase or stay the same BE19000 have this model included 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+
Options
2023-09-25 07:51:00

Hi @tonyjp2022 

tonyjp2022 wrote

Question i have 1.5 gb internet using cat8 cable if i had this model would my internal network speed increase or stay the same BE19000 have this model included 10Gbps TP LInk sfp+

If you use a 10Gbps SFP+ module and a router capable of SFP+, then you should get the full speed from 1.5Gbps. Because the link speed is 10Gbps on the router side. But you gotta make sure the modem can sync to 10Gbps. Or that might cause an issue.

Options
2023-10-19 19:13:40
Thank you very much i dont think my rogers cable modem can sync past 2.5 gb is the current max my account 1,5 also is it possible to setup dns servers inside these as well 1.1,1.2 cloudflare 8.8.8.8 google public dns secure doh over dns with quic is now https/3
Options
2023-10-20 01:33:08

Hi @tonyjp2022 

tonyjp2022 wrote

Thank you very much i dont think my rogers cable modem can sync past 2.5 gb is the current max my account 1,5 also is it possible to setup dns servers inside these as well 1.1,1.2 cloudflare 8.8.8.8 google public dns secure doh over dns with quic is now https/3

BE model WiFi devices are not my specialty. I don't know the software. You may seek help from the home support. None of the business products we have support WiFi 7 yet.

Options
2023-10-20 13:38:16

@Clive_A  I was refeeding to http/3 with quic protrol to enypt traffic

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tonyjp2022 

tonyjp2022 wrote

BE model WiFi devices are not my specialty. I don't know the software. You may seek help from the home support. None of the business products we have support WiFi 7 yet.

on 3 streams & it also loads faster

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 8

Related Articles