Hello,

Devices:
# TP-Link ER605 V2 Router
# TP-LINK ER8411 Router
# TP-LINK SG3210 Managed Switch 8 port

Computers:
# 6 Computer with http servers and databases / backups

What am i trying to do:
# All 6 PC can talk to each others, have internet access.
# Static IP 1 accept http request to PC1 and IP 2 to PC2. If possible use more PC for http to process requests.
# PCs have only one LAN port.

Multi WAN configuration not working for me, normally PC took 3 seconds to process a request. Using multi WAN first one working fine but seconds one take 15 seconds extra. There is no configuration other that setting up static ip on router.

If anyone can help or provide some suggestion how to configure the network.
Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configure 2 router with Static IP and switch with same local network access-Solution
2024-02-13 20:01:42 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:34:25

@sanGg 

I understand that the multi-WAN functionality in a single router did not work for you for some reason. However that’s your best bet for handling multiple Internet connections. Having that done using multiple routers would require an advanced networking configuration and equipment that can support it. That means you would need to invest a lot of time in learning and quite a bit of money. If that simple configuration I have described does not meet your requirements, I think you should try to resolve the issues you have had with the single-router, multi-WAN solution. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your routers so I can't help you with it.

Kris K
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Configure 2 router with Static IP and switch with same local network access
2024-02-13 16:15:04

@sanGg 

If you want PC1 to use ER8411 as its Internet gateway, you need to provide IP-1 as its default gateway. Similarly, if you want PC2 to use ER605 as its Internet gateway, you need to provide IP-2 as its default gateway.

Kris K
Options
2024-02-13 18:29:38 - last edited 2024-02-13 19:05:39

@KJK 

Thank you for your time. I am  new to this, sorry for the newbie question.

What i want is all PC connected to each other and use multiple ISP (currently 2) to serve HTTP request using multiple PCs to serve lots of request concurrently.

I have TP-LINK SG3210 Managed Switch 8 port.

If you can guide me or if there any existing guide i can follow.

Thank you

Options
Re:Configure 2 router with Static IP and switch with same local network access-Solution
2024-02-13 20:01:42 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:34:25

@sanGg 

I understand that the multi-WAN functionality in a single router did not work for you for some reason. However that’s your best bet for handling multiple Internet connections. Having that done using multiple routers would require an advanced networking configuration and equipment that can support it. That means you would need to invest a lot of time in learning and quite a bit of money. If that simple configuration I have described does not meet your requirements, I think you should try to resolve the issues you have had with the single-router, multi-WAN solution. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your routers so I can't help you with it.

Kris K
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-17 21:02:44

@KJK 

Thank you.

Options
2024-02-18 02:35:40

Hi @sanGg 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As KJK wrote, this is the case. You gotta use one router and multi-WAN setup to achieve this.

Cannot work around this because it is under two different NAT. This would only cause a problem.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 5

Related Articles