isolate 1 port only

isolate 1 port only

isolate 1 port only
isolate 1 port only
2024-03-09 15:49:57
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20211209 Rel.52369

is there a easy way to isolate 1 port only (goes to a hardwired guest computer/wifi unit), giving that port only internet access for security, while allowing all other ports to see each other and access internet?

Options
3 Reply
Re:isolate 1 port only
2024-03-11 05:41:11

Hi @avav 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

802.1Q VLAN seems to be the only way.

There is no other way to resolve it as it is a L2 switch. 802.1Q VLAN would isolate it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-14 00:14:56

Clive_A wrote

Hi @avav 

There is no other way to resolve it as it is a L2 switch. 802.1Q VLAN would isolate it.

Thanks.  I cannot get the right config with vlan, pvid and settings.

I have a hard wired connection to a remote wifi acess point for guests, I want to isolate that port with access only to the Net.

Then i want the rest of the ports to have Net access and see each other as that is my home network.

can you please help me for teh proper settings on thye TL-sg108e v6 in Omada? I am not sure the settings on vlan or pvid page and the QOS?  i tried but it is not owrking right.

thank you.

Options
2024-03-14 11:44:25

avav wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @avav 

Thanks.  I cannot get the right config with vlan, pvid and settings.

I have a hard wired connection to a remote wifi acess point for guests, I want to isolate that port with access only to the Net.

Then i want the rest of the ports to have Net access and see each other as that is my home network.

can you please help me for teh proper settings on thye TL-sg108e v6 in Omada? I am not sure the settings on vlan or pvid page and the QOS?  i tried but it is not owrking right.

thank you.

@avav 

I should have added i have a normal router in front of this switch doing dhcp.  if i plug normal home office stuff directly into the router and before the switch, will the isolated wired guest wifi access point be able to see those items and should i  put those items on the other ports on the switch instead to keep them invisible to guests?  thank you.

Options