How to use ds-p7001-04 for building a home lab/ home network

2024-04-06 08:50:30

Hi There,

I am interested in purchasing TP-Links ds-p7001-04 OLT for building my PON network. 

Since it is bidirectional, the idea is to use it as an ONT instead of having to use my ISP's ONT/ONU. 

I have seen videos on youtube of people who have set it up at home by connecting it to an ONT/ PON router like XC-220g3v like this video here

The architecture used there is ISP - ONT - SPLITTER - OLT - LAN ROUTER

-If one is going to use any ONT (XC-220g3v) as an optical modem to establish a connection to the ISP, then what is being achieved by connecting the ONT to the OLT at home? 
- Can this device be used at home or is there a way i can adapt it to match my needs?

I would appreciate any advice or knowledge on this subject.

Thank you for your help....

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to use ds-p7001-04 for building a home lab/ home network
2024-04-07 08:39:16

@ErebusEnthroned 

Hi,ds-p7001-04 is a model for ISPs, we community team is only familiar with retailer-version products.

Therefore, for inquiries regarding ISP models like the ds-p7001-04, it is recommended that you reach out to your ISP directly or contact the local support team in your area. They will have the expertise and information to assist you with any questions or concerns related to the ds-p7001-04 or other ISP-specific equipment.

Thank you for understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options