ER7212PC firmware not to date

2024-04-15 15:07:53 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230901 Rel.55651

Heya folks,

I've got the above device - and looking on the website, the firmware is now up to v1.1.3 

I go to the Omada controller and do a firmware check - and it says it's up to date. 

There's no where to do a manual firmware update. 

There's no where to do a firmware update from the Omada app. 

Anyone else? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER7212PC firmware not to date-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@JulesW You cannot via the cloud access, should be done locally ;)

Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @JulesW 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

JulesW wrote

@Clive_A Hi Clive.

No dice with InPrivate. 

And when I do check for firmware it still says it's up to date.

OK. I see now. Based on the URL, it's on the cloud. Not gonna be possible to do a manual upgrade from the cloud.

We have a reason for this because if anything goes wrong, in a local access while you are on site, you can quickly recover it. Well, if you are on the cloud, if anything goes wrong or lose Internet while it is upgrading, that may break the device which eventually leads to a shutdown. There is no way you can access it from the cloud anymore.

So, we have kept the manual upgrade from the local access ever since the Omada was introduced. Unless you are using the Cloud-based Controller version, or you don't have the option to upgrade manually over the cloud.

Please proceed with any manual upgrade locally. AFAIK, most other vendors practice the same.

We are open to hearing if you have any suggestions on this and if you have any proper reasons and comments on how other vendors do. But so far, based on what's been practiced for years, we have not added this feature yet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:ER7212PC firmware not to date
2024-04-16 01:34:33 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @JulesW 

At this moment, you should try the manual upgrade. Download it and upload the proper file to the system. Forum got the guide on this.

Both versions are not cloud-pushed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A Hi there,

I cannot find where to manually upgrade the ER7212PC  ? 

I can't find in the UI, and I can't find in the forum. 

Can you provide me a link? 

There's no instruction in the firmware download,  and checking the firmware still says it's up to date.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @JulesW 

JulesW wrote

@Clive_A Hi there,

I cannot find where to manually upgrade the ER7212PC  ? 

I can't find in the UI, and I can't find in the forum. 

Can you provide me a link? 

There's no instruction in the firmware download,  and checking the firmware still says it's up to date.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A Hi Clive,

As per my original post - There is no option to do that - If you see the screen shot. 

I'll post it again. 

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @JulesW 

JulesW wrote

@Clive_A Hi Clive,

As per my original post - There is no option to do that - If you see the screen shot. 

I'll post it again. 

From the incognito mode, you cannot see the option either?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A Hi Clive.

No dice with InPrivate. 

Options

@JulesW You cannot via the cloud access, should be done locally ;)

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@marcle Well - That's a bit poor. So much for it being Omada. 

Options

Hi @JulesW 

JulesW wrote

@Clive_A Hi Clive.

No dice with InPrivate. 

OK. I see now. Based on the URL, it's on the cloud. Not gonna be possible to do a manual upgrade from the cloud.

We have a reason for this because if anything goes wrong, in a local access while you are on site, you can quickly recover it. Well, if you are on the cloud, if anything goes wrong or lose Internet while it is upgrading, that may break the device which eventually leads to a shutdown. There is no way you can access it from the cloud anymore.

So, we have kept the manual upgrade from the local access ever since the Omada was introduced. Unless you are using the Cloud-based Controller version, or you don't have the option to upgrade manually over the cloud.

Please proceed with any manual upgrade locally. AFAIK, most other vendors practice the same.

We are open to hearing if you have any suggestions on this and if you have any proper reasons and comments on how other vendors do. But so far, based on what's been practiced for years, we have not added this feature yet.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A You say "ever since the Omada was introduced". 

Perhaps that model... 

And I can firmware update my ER7206 from the Omada cloud manually... and it's been firmware updated automatically, too. 

So - That's an inconsistent statement, seemingly?  

Further - There's still the issue why the ER7212PC isn't picking up the firmware. 

Why is that? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 15

Related Articles