POE working but the POE LED dount indicate it
POE working but the POE LED dount indicate it
2024-04-16 06:29:49 - last edited 2024-04-17 02:42:25
Tags: #PoE
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.20.1 Build 20240202 Rel.75644

Hello,

i get an issue with an SG2210P concerning POE LED indicator.

When i connect and TP-Link EAP225 v3 (5.1.6 Build 20240313 Rel. 43415) on an POE Port in the SG2210P,

then the AP bot and work fine with the power from the network cable (POE).

But the Switch itself don't indicate that this particular port serve POE.

Also when i use an other port on the switch it works, but no LED.

Other components like EAP245 v4 (1.2.1 Build 20230824 Rel. 61490) also connected to this switch, work fine and show also the POE LED

and the power consumption in WEB configuration tool.

Is there an known issue with the POE management in the SG2210P?

Thanks a lot for your answer in this case, regards...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:POE working but the POE LED dount indicate it-Solution
2024-04-17 02:41:57 - last edited 2024-04-17 02:42:25

Hi @Networker-hb 

Networker-hb wrote

Hello @Clive_A and thanks a lot for your fast answer,

The EAP225 v3 is directly connected to the switch with a 7 meter patchcord (cat6).

There is no PoE power adapter in between.

I also try an other networkcabel directly in front of the switch - but same issue.

When i connect an EAP245 to exactly that cabel where the EAP225 v3 is connected on,

than it works and the POE LED is on.

When i disconnect the EAP245 and plug in the EAP255 v3 again on that cable

then the issue wiht the missing POE LED is back.

Thanks for your investigatiosn on this case, regards

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The test team did it. There was no issue with the EAP225 V3.

It might be a broken EAP. Can you contact local support about the RMA?

For the record, you can paste this thread as proof of troubleshooting. The support team will coordinate with this matter.

Attention: there might be fees charged according to the RMA policy in different regions. Please refer to the local RMA policy while you are having a conversation with the support.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:POE working but the POE LED dount indicate it
2024-04-16 07:51:05

Hi @Networker-hb 

How do you run the cables? EAP225 v3 is passive PoE compatible. So, is it on PoE or passive PoE?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-16 14:37:49

The EAP225 v3 is directly connected to the switch with a 7 meter patchcord (cat6).

I also try an other networkcabel directly in front of the switch - but same issue.

When i connect an EAP245 to exactly that cabel where the EAP225 v3 is connected on,

Options
Re:POE working but the POE LED dount indicate it-Solution
2024-04-17 02:41:57 - last edited 2024-04-17 02:42:25

Hi @Networker-hb 

Networker-hb wrote

The test team did it. There was no issue with the EAP225 V3.

It might be a broken EAP. Can you contact local support about the RMA?

For the record, you can paste this thread as proof of troubleshooting. The support team will coordinate with this matter.

Attention: there might be fees charged according to the RMA policy in different regions. Please refer to the local RMA policy while you are having a conversation with the support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-02 11:03:55
Thanks for your Information, i already opened an RMA. I plugged in a new EAP225 V3, but same issue. So the EAP works but the PoE LED on the switch is still off and in the GUI the switch dount provide any power to this new device - totally same issue as we had with the other EAP. Maybe the switch (SG2210P) itself case the issue, should we renew them too? I also (again) used other cables and other ports on that switch.
Options
2024-05-06 10:58:40

Hi @Networker-hb 

Networker-hb wrote

Thanks for your Information, i already opened an RMA. I plugged in a new EAP225 V3, but same issue. So the EAP works but the PoE LED on the switch is still off and in the GUI the switch dount provide any power to this new device - totally same issue as we had with the other EAP. Maybe the switch (SG2210P) itself case the issue, should we renew them too? I also (again) used other cables and other ports on that switch.

Maybe there is an issue with the SW now? Looks like it seems to be the case.

You can renew this switch. Might be a problem with the LED controller. I think the switch functions but the LED is not working properly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles