CPE210 PtP with EAP225-Indoor "Unable to connect to internet"

3 weeks ago
Model: CPE210   EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to breakdown my setup as simple as I can in hopes for a simple solution response

Goal: Get wifi from the house to the barn for "whole barn wifi" 

Currently have it setup this way: 

CPE210 set up as AP at the house, using the POE injector provided, CPE210 plugged into POE port, router plugged into LAN port

CPE210 set up as Client at the barn, using the POE injector, CPE210 plugged into POE port, EAP225 plugged into Lan port

Things i've noticed with this setup, the EAP225 light isnt on when plugged in this way, if i plug the EAP into the POE port, it turns on (obviously), but then I get no signal on my "available networks"

When I've got the setup exactly how I stated above, it shows my AP in available networks with 5 bars of service, it just wont connect to it? 

Also noticed when on the Pharos site for the CPE210 Client, it will show the signal strength etc. for a few seconds then it goes away, then it shows, then it goes away etc. 

I've been working on this for DAYS and I know im very close to getting everything finished, I am just a construction worker, not an IT guy and I'm doing my best to help out my in-law farmers with this setup but this has been above my abilities by far. 

Please help & thank you for reading!

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 PtP with EAP225-Indoor "Unable to connect to internet"
2 weeks ago

mmack9304 wrote

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to breakdown my setup as simple as I can in hopes for a simple solution response

Goal: Get wifi from the house to the barn for "whole barn wifi" 

Currently have it setup this way: 

CPE210 set up as AP at the house, using the POE injector provided, CPE210 plugged into POE port, router plugged into LAN port

CPE210 set up as Client at the barn, using the POE injector, CPE210 plugged into POE port, EAP225 plugged into Lan port

Things i've noticed with this setup, the EAP225 light isnt on when plugged in this way, if i plug the EAP into the POE port, it turns on (obviously), but then I get no signal on my "available networks"

When I've got the setup exactly how I stated above, it shows my AP in available networks with 5 bars of service, it just wont connect to it? 

Also noticed when on the Pharos site for the CPE210 Client, it will show the signal strength etc. for a few seconds then it goes away, then it shows, then it goes away etc. 

I've been working on this for DAYS and I know im very close to getting everything finished, I am just a construction worker, not an IT guy and I'm doing my best to help out my in-law farmers with this setup but this has been above my abilities by far. 

Please help & thank you for reading!

Hi @mmack9304 

According to your description, you are trying to install the typical point to point connection with CPE. Please try to confirm the below information when you fail to build the point to point connection:
1. When you stay closer to the AP CPE, please connect to the AP CPE's SSID on your phone/laptop and see whether you can get the connection from the router.

2. If the AP CPE works fine, wired connect to the LAN port of Client CPE's injector, and test the connection again.

Here are the troubleshooting steps for your reference.

For the EAP225, you need to use a PoE switch or have the original PoE injector to power on it. When the EAP failed to get the connection from the router via the client CPE, you will fail to connect to its WiFi.

If you would rather, please contact the support team according to your region for instant assistance if you may be stuck at any steps. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options