VIGI is offline but Tapo is online

2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have like 16 Tapo cameras connected to a 16 channel VIGI NVR1016H and the setup process was relatively smooth.

However I noticed that they often lose connection to VIGI, displaying a "device offline" notice on VIGI. But when I used the Tapo app to look at those cams, they are actually online and viewable on Tapo. And this device offline does not rectify itself most of the time. I need to remove camera and re-add camera. 

Is this a natural compatibility issue that cant be avoided or there are some ways I can try to improve the connectivity between them? 

Thank you! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:VIGI is offline but Tapo is online
2 weeks ago

Hi @Outpost 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Huh.. NVR1016H does not mean it supports 16 cameras with high-res. You might wanna lower the res so that devices can stop disconnecting from the NVR.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56

Replies: 1

Related Articles