Unable to add C340 2.0 to NVR 1008H - 8P

2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C340  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 231227 Rel.42843n

I sucessfully added 7 Vigi cameras and all worked fine initially.

One of the C340 failed I have 6 other cameras - 3 the same as the non working one plus a  C330 & C240i.

I use over Starlink and and could access all remotely initially on the Vigi app. After about 24 hrs  one 3340 device reported via the Vigi App that it was disconnected.  

I moved the disconnected C340 to a vacant channel on the NVR and same - device found and to add but connection status is "Not connected".

If I look at Device management the device shows on the  Uncertified Device tab.

I tried a couple more times but same result - No network video.

I did a hard reset and still face the same issue.

When plugged in I get 2 x 2 clicks on the device.  This repeats periodically.

POE Channel reports a device

The camera password is correct.  

DNS is provided by Omada VPN router

My computer is on a different network as I havent had time to set my Omada stuff up.

I can't think of any other things to do.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to add C340 2.0 to NVR 1008H - 8P
2 weeks ago

Hi @TonyP2000 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you remove some of the cameras and check if this C340 V2.0 can work on the NVR? If it starts to work, it might be a channel limit as the NVR cannot carry all those devices.

Check the PoE and the bandwidth.

The PoE of this model is 53W max.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

Hi,  Thanks for your assistance.

With 7 camera connected the NVR is only using 14.5 W of the 45 w available,  I removed all the cameras and tried to add just the one not working. It is consuming 1.3W and still not working. 

If I remove the camera it appears in the "devices found"

When I try to add I get error message "Failed to add. Device does not exist."

Remaining Bandwidth 73.50Mbps

Regards  @TonyP2000 

Options
Monday

Hi @TonyP2000 

TonyP2000 wrote

Hi,  Thanks for your assistance.

With 7 camera connected the NVR is only using 14.5 W of the 45 w available,  I removed all the cameras and tried to add just the one not working. It is consuming 1.3W and still not working. 

If I remove the camera it appears in the "devices found"

When I try to add I get error message "Failed to add. Device does not exist."

Remaining Bandwidth 73.50Mbps

Regards  @TonyP2000 

Is this camera working fine when you log in to it by its IP address?

Begin to sounds like a hardware issue. 1.3W in standby mode, that seems to be way too low for the device if it is working..

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options