How to add a Web Live View Only group on NVR?

2024-05-04 18:10:51 - last edited 2024-05-04 18:16:31
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 240119 Rel.62360n

I assume the hardware version is 20 because it shows VIGI NVR1016H(UN) 1.20 in the web interface.

Currently there are three types of group in the NVR.

Administrator Group

Operatior Group

User Group

All the groups can do playback.

We need a group like User Group without playback.

A Live View only group.

Is there a way to create a new group that can only do Live View?

Is it possible to ssh into the NVR and create a new group with only Live View?

Or is it possible to include that in the next upgrade?

P V Anthony

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to add a Web Live View Only group on NVR?
2024-05-06 12:40:21

Hi  @pvanthony 

What would be the reason for you to have a group that only has Live View permission?

Playback and Live View should be the same level permission.

For this permission, you can take a look at the VIGI app where you different user groups as well.

SSH to the system is not allowed.

If you take this as a request, please send it in the request page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:How to add a Web Live View Only group on NVR?
2024-05-08 07:50:13

@Clive_A 

Let me explain why we need it.

The cameras are installed in as sports facility. The sports facility has 6 football pitches. Two cameras are installed at each pitch.

The NVR is in the rack under lock and key. There is one TV connected with hdmi in the main office.

There are another three offices in the venue. They only need to have access to the live view only. So the web browser method is really good.

We know that all 12 cameras cannot be viewed simultaneously but that is ok for us. They can select what they need to see.

Plus all the desktops/laptops are using Fedora Linux so the web browser is the best.

My friend who uses hikvision NVR, said that they can sent permissions for each user differently in the NVR. If we could have that it would be great.

If not, could we have another group that can only do live view.

I hope you understand the requirements and I feel they are reasonable.

P V Anthony

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 111

Replies: 2

Related Articles