3-in-1 Controller seen but not reachable by Omada cloud console

a week ago
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have this router/controller that's acting very flaky, show up for a second on my Omada cloud console, but then if I click to open it, it says "Controller disconnected". It's been doing that for days.

What's strange is although it's *seen* as coming up online, the console never shows the WAN IP address. And when I get the app notification on my phone, it says "ER7212PC is up" instead of the custom name "1375 Lafontaine I've given it (why would be the expected behaviour, as per all the other controllers I have).

Also, if I access the controller directly (laptop plugged into the LAN side, accessing https://192.168.0.1/ then no problem.

Troubleshooting already done:

- Changed WAN port on device, changed LAN port on device, changed cable. Note that I have sucessfully configured many other controllers on that same router port and with that same cable.
- Factory reset the router (yes leaving it turned off for more than 30 minutes), then "re-adopting" it into Omada. No change.

- Power and Cloud lights are solid green, cloud is slow-blinking

- There are no firewalling rules upstream preventing communication with Omada cloud (as mentionned, I've configured many other controllers in this exact same lab, without any changes to its topology).

Please advise. This unit is due for deployment next week, if it's defective/flaky I need a replacement ASAP.

Options
2 Reply
Re:3-in-1 Controller seen but not reachable by Omada cloud console
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Also: My router is succesfully receiving the DHCP lease request and sending an offer to the controller.

As per above, the base MAC of the device is ...01:1C, and the uplink to my router is port 3, so ...01:1E for the WAN lease makes sense.

Options
Re:3-in-1 Controller seen but not reachable by Omada cloud console
a week ago

Hi @Matt6667 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Based on what you described, a reboot does not fix it? Seen you have done more than a reboot.

I have experienced something like this before but a reboot would simply fix it.

I would recommend you reset it and start over and watch if it can stay online for a day. Make sure the uplink(Internet) is not interrupted. Usually, if it's stuck like this status, it would be an unstable Internet connection which makes the cloud fail to connect the router.

If this persists, you can consider an RMA.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options