TL-ER7206 v1.0 - Slow Routing Performance
TL-ER7206 v1.0 - Slow Routing Performance
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Good Day, 

Im having an Issue with my TL-ER7206 v1.0 

For Some reason the Performance on the SFP WAN and WAN ports has degraded significantly. 

The ISP provides a 1Gbps connection, And measuring the speed directly off their router - I am seeing +- 940Mbps Down and 580Mbps Up. 
However measuring the speed off the LAN interface on the TL-ER7206, I am only seeing +- 350Mbps down and 370Mbps Up. 

Tested Configurations:

• Change Internet MTU to 1480 - No effect
  • No QOS enabled
  • Bandwidth Control Enabled / Disabled - No effect
  • Flow Control Enabled / Disabled - No effect
  • Downgrading the Firmware from 1.4.1 to 1.4.0

Anything Else that I can try ?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-ER7206 v1.0 - Slow Routing Performance
a week ago

Hi @Charl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What parameters have you enabled? DPI? IPS/IDS? They are CPU-heavy features and will slow down your network speed. This was written in the instructions and Configuration Guide we have.

Also, check if you have any bandwidth limit.

If you are not certain about what you configured, reset it and plug-and-play use it. Direct connect to the router bypassing anything else. See if you experience the same result. That's how to verify whether the router is at fault.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Thanks, 

Had a look an I do not have any options for DPI, IPS, IDS. My menu looks the same as https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653202

Bandwidth Limit and Rate/Session limits are Disabled. 

I swapped the router for a new ER707-M2 v1.0 and the Performance went back to What is Expected. Leads me to think that I wasn't configuration based. 

What you think ?

Options
a week ago

Hi @Charl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Charl wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks, 

Had a look an I do not have any options for DPI, IPS, IDS. My menu looks the same as https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653202

Bandwidth Limit and Rate/Session limits are Disabled. 

I swapped the router for a new ER707-M2 v1.0 and the Performance went back to What is Expected. Leads me to think that I wasn't configuration based. 

What you think ?

Try what I suggested in the #1. Reset would be the easiest way to tell if there is a hardware issue or not.

I would recommend you swap the cables as well. 3 ft cables to connect WAN and LAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Charl 

Regardless, the M2 has a better chipset in it too.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options