a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Cox 2gbps connection

Arris S33 2.5gb modem

ER707-M2 V1 Firmware 1.2.2

(4) EAP610 V3.0 Firmware 1.4.4

All cabling cat6, max length 50ft through attic space directly to switch/router/modem/etc, moved accordingly for testing.

Connected PC straight to modem and getting good download/upload.  Connect to router and immediately drop to 30-33mbps when no other equipment is connected.

Turned off all firewalls, enabled Flow Control on all ports, verified link speeds, turned off all software VPN/bandwidth controls/vlans/alternate lans/nats/qos/etc etc etc.  I've literally turned this thing into nothing but a passthrough and can't get any PCs to run more than 30-33mbps through the router.  I'm on day 4 of trying to figure this out and my baseball bat is looking like the perfect tool for the job.  Also note that when I reconnect the EAP610 and connect with my phone, I also get 30-33mbps.  Its like the router is max'ing the bandwidth.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER707-M2 30mbps download on a 2gbps connection-Solution

I figured it out.  Did all of the internal network testing I could think of and everything was good so I went into my modem configs to check signal and power.  While the power levels were on the low side, it was technically in Arris S33 spec range but decided to add in a line amplifier just to see if it was just a dirty signal.  Power levels stead at almost 0 and like magic, getting 2gb/s speeds (at the client).  Gotta love how ISPs will tell you anything to make it not their problem so you waste days of your time thinking its your system thats at fault.  Anyway, as a suggestion to anybody who may have similar issues, a $25 +12db line amplifier and my system runs perfect.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 30mbps download on a 2gbps connection
a week ago

@AdvTriStarDev 

hmmm, this sounds very strange. what is the link speed on your ports? have you tried changing cables, how is the internet connected, is it fixed ip dhcp?

I have several are 707-M2 myself and it has never been a problem. but I only have 500/500 Mbps and have not tested at a higher speed.

but check that the link speed is what you should have on all ports, if you use the router as a stand alone try factroy reset and connect it with deafult settings. you can take a backup of the router if you have a lot of configuration and run a restore after you have tested.

Options
Re:ER707-M2 30mbps download on a 2gbps connection-Solution

I figured it out.  Did all of the internal network testing I could think of and everything was good so I went into my modem configs to check signal and power.  While the power levels were on the low side, it was technically in Arris S33 spec range but decided to add in a line amplifier just to see if it was just a dirty signal.  Power levels stead at almost 0 and like magic, getting 2gb/s speeds (at the client).  Gotta love how ISPs will tell you anything to make it not their problem so you waste days of your time thinking its your system thats at fault.  Anyway, as a suggestion to anybody who may have similar issues, a $25 +12db line amplifier and my system runs perfect.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 2

Related Articles