Dual Nic and Omada POE switches

3 weeks ago - last edited 9 hours ago

I currently have  system as follows:

1.  Main router is using VLAN with 192.168.10.1/  20.2/ 30.0 as 3 vlans

2. I have a computer based Blue iris surveillance system with a 2nd NIC which I have set to 192.168.55. x.  It is isolated from the internet and has 8 POE cameras. Using the computer, I can access this over the 192.168.20.X as my computer server via wireless. There is a dedicate POE unmanaged switch that connects the computer server to the switch.

My question is this.

1. Can I use an OMADA POE switch with this configuration  using the omada controller?   While there is no real need to monitor the dedicated POE switch and cameras, it would  be great if I could use a 16 Port POE switch to  manage both the IP cameras and perhaps 3 Omada wireless access points.

Thanks for any advice.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Dual Nic and Omada POE switches-Solution
Monday - last edited 9 hours ago

Hi @lucianp 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

lucianp wrote

thank you I am setting up the system this week ER707-M2 and the OC200 controller TL-SG2008P - I plan to use this for a few hardwired devices and to power a few wifi access points TL-SG3428MP - I want to dedicate this to my POE cams and isolate the cams from the internet via a second nic. The Blue iris system is on a dedicated PC My question is how do I connect the TL-SG34282MP to the omada infrastructure. Currently, I have the 2nd NIC connected directly to my existing PC and not the router. Willl the OMADA controller be able to recognize it? The vlans that I have are 192.168. 1.x,, 20.x, 30, xx the second NIC is set to 192.168.55.. x and is not connected to the internet but obviously is in the computer.  Thanks for the configuration advice

How to Configure VLAN on TP-Link Switch

Check this guide and I think it resolves what you asked.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Dual Nic and Omada POE switches
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @lucianp 

Yes, you can. Adding a new switch does not hurt anything.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago
Thank you very much, In this sceanario, can I either: 1. replace the dedicated unmanaged with a managed OMADA POE or 2) Use a larger managed POE switch ( with appropriate power calculation ) and manage the 2 NICS with one switch?
Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @lucianp 

lucianp wrote

Thank you very much, In this sceanario, can I either: 1. replace the dedicated unmanaged with a managed OMADA POE or 2) Use a larger managed POE switch ( with appropriate power calculation ) and manage the 2 NICS with one switch?

Correct. Either way would work for you. It depends on and weighs on what's your future plan for your network.

Options
Saturday - last edited Sunday

thank you I am setting up the system this week ER707-M2 and the OC200 controller TL-SG2008P - I plan to use this for a few hardwired devices and to power a few wifi access points TL-SG3428MP - I want to dedicate this to my POE cams and isolate the cams from the internet via a second nic. The Blue iris system is on a dedicated PC My question is how do I connect the TL-SG34282MP to the omada infrastructure. Currently, I have the 2nd NIC connected directly to my existing PC and not the router. Willl the OMADA controller be able to recognize it? The vlans that I have are 192.168. 1.x,, 20.x, 30, xx the second NIC is set to 192.168.55.. x and is not connected to the internet but obviously is in the computer.  Thanks for the configuration advice

Options
Re:Dual Nic and Omada POE switches-Solution
Monday - last edited 9 hours ago

Hi @lucianp 

lucianp wrote

How to Configure VLAN on TP-Link Switch

Check this guide and I think it resolves what you asked.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 5

Related Articles