MAC Address Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MAC Address Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MAC Address Filtering
MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-14 02:31:53
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20180425 rel.62587(4555)

Hello there

My router is actually a Archer C7 v4.0 but that was not available in the drop down list.

I have used a 3600 for years, and it was easy to set up MAC Address Filtering as under the Green UI there was a section for it.

On this new router, that uses a Blue UI, I cannot find the MAC Address filtering page anywhere.

Has this option been removed, if so I'll be returning the router to the store as this is something I need for my network

Many thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-14 03:11:12

try access control, similar as mac filtering

Options
2019-03-14 06:23:42

Hello,

Please use access control, it can be regarded as mac filtering. 

Below is the instruction to set it up.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1535.html 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-14 08:41:06

Thanks for the reply. But that does not seem to allow blocking or allowing of individual cinnections rather global black or white lists. If MAC has been removed I will have to switch to a different manufacture

Options
Re:Re:Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-14 10:04:53

ARD wrote

Thanks for the reply. But that does not seem to allow blocking or allowing of individual cinnections rather global black or white lists. If MAC has been removed I will have to switch to a different manufacture

Hello ARD,

You may misunderstand.

Access Control is used to block or allow specific client devices to access your network (via wired or wireless) based on a list of blocked devices (Blacklist) or a list of allowed devices (Whitelist).

For the access control, the devices in blacklists won't be able to access internet. 

While the devices based on whitelist can access internet normally.

May it help. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-14 11:49:20
Ah I see. So I can have both black and white lists running and move a device from one list to another as required. I do wish the Mac filtering was still an option as it was a very easy process. I will give it a try...thanks again
Options
2019-03-14 12:33:23

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware. The interface I like it V3, but at the moment mine is V4 with the blue interface which is such a step backwards in user friendly

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-18 00:58:13

ARD wrote

Ah I see. So I can have both black and white lists running and move a device from one list to another as required. I do wish the Mac filtering was still an option as it was a very easy process. I will give it a try...thanks again

Hello ARD,

You can give it a go, and it is easy to set it up; 

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:MAC Address Filtering
2019-03-18 01:00:52

ARD wrote

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware. The interface I like it V3, but at the moment mine is V4 with the blue interface which is such a step backwards in user friendly

Hello,

V3 and V4 are hardware version, unlike firmware version,  they cannot be downgraded/upgraded.

Access control, to be honest, is easy to set up, you only need choose blacklist/whitelist to block/allow some device to access internet. 

While we will forward your suggestion to our R&D department.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1596

Replies: 8

Related Articles