New IPS feature...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New IPS feature...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New IPS feature...
New IPS feature...
2023-09-08 13:04:43 - last edited 2023-09-12 18:21:45

Can someone explain to me when I enable IPS... It shows info in the "unarchived" list.  Does it auto block it?  Or does it sit there and wait for a response?

It seems like it's put it in quarantine until I set an option... Like Block or Allow, etc. 

Also With Geo Enforcer... Where do I set the rules at?  I can enabled it but I can't find where to set the rules?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New IPS feature...-Solution
2023-09-12 01:25:27 - last edited 2023-09-12 18:21:45

Hi @KimcheeGUN 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In the Groups if you create a new group of countries. Or you can find them in ACL when creating a new entry.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:New IPS feature...
2023-09-11 06:56:29

Hi @KimcheeGUN 

If you are on IDS, then it detects only. If IPS, detect and prevent.

Also With Geo Enforcer... Where do I set the rules at?  I can enabled it but I can't find where to set the rules?

What do you mean? Geo group?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-11 11:16:02

@Clive_A 

yes - I enabled ips.  But with the menu of archive and unarhive... it gives the impression that it looks like a quarantine... 

where is the geo-group?

I don't see it. 

Options
Re:New IPS feature...-Solution
2023-09-12 01:25:27 - last edited 2023-09-12 18:21:45

Hi @KimcheeGUN 

In the Groups if you create a new group of countries. Or you can find them in ACL when creating a new entry.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-12 02:06:33

@KimcheeGUN 

Click on GLOBAL, then on left you'll see a shield icon.  Click that, reveals a world map where you can click each location to allow / block.

Options
2023-09-12 18:22:25

Thanks guys!

I'm an idiot and didn't see it! 

Options
2023-09-12 21:48:31

@KimcheeGUN 

You know, I was just testing this out, and I maight have been mistaken.

The map under "GLOBAL",  says  " Right-click a location to block its attack events.  "

I think if one "enables" a bad country like Canda, it just does not track or block events?

So, if lets say I want to block / track events from Canda, it must be unchecked. 

unless there is a langauge issue?

Example, I have EVERYTHING blocked execpt the USA.  Yet all the "alerts" and stuff are in the USA.  I have nothing from Germinay, France, Russa, India or China. All major "hackers".

So, I guess this is a case of the blind leading the blind :)  .   LOL

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 6

Related Articles