Votes

Activity Zones for Person Detection (Tapo D130)

Votes

2024-02-15 20:33:12 - last edited 2024-04-10 19:03:07

Please add a way to set Activity Zones for Person detection.  My D130 doorbell detects people walking by on the sidewalk even with the sensitivity set to the lowest (1).  I am not sure why the sensitivity sensitivity setting does not seem to have any effect, but Activity Zones would be very useful. I am getting a lot of unnecessary notifications because of this.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Activity Zones for Person Detection (Tapo D130)
2024-02-24 18:48:11

I just purchased a C425 camera and see that it is possible to set Activity Zones for each detection type.  Please add this capability for the D130.

Options
RE:Activity Zones for Person Detection (Tapo D130)
2024-03-14 21:15:26
I agree! I love my Tapo C120s (three of them) and my C520WS, all of which have the separate zones for motion, people, pet, and vehicle. Given where you position a doorbell, it makes absolutely zero sense not to have this feature for the D130 as well.
Options
Re:Activity Zones for Person Detection (Tapo D130)
2024-03-14 22:24:25

@craigify 

This is a critical feature. Getting too many false notifications due to not having detection/activity zones per type of motion - especially people!

We don't need to be notified of people walking across the street - or at least I don't

Thanks!

Options
RE:Activity Zones for Person Detection (Tapo D130)
a week ago
I am very happy how accurate person detection is on this doorbell but it is useless if you cannot create zone for it. Many people home faces street where people walk by. And this issue forcing me to use motion detection which gives me false alarms but less than person detection because you can set zones for motion detection. It is really waste of very useful feature. Ideally it should have zone settings like C120 I use but initially you can limit the person detection in motion detection zone.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 209

Replies: 4

Voters 2