Smart Bulb no longer connecting

2024-02-23 00:14:35 - last edited 2024-02-23 00:29:41
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Kasa smart bulb (kl125), it has worked perfect for almost 2 years now. The light bulb itself still works, but now all of a sudden it will not connect to my WiFi any more so I am no longer able to change color/dimness or turn on and off over WiFi.  

Other WiFi show up when I try to connect, but my WiFi does not even though nothing has changed and everything else still connects to my WiFi. 

**UPDATE**
 I some how got the bulb to connect back up to the app and was able to control through the Kasa app. Once I reconnected my phone back to my wifi and disconnected from the tplink WiFi that is used to connect, I was no longer able to control the bulb. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Bulb no longer connecting
2024-02-24 23:43:39

@Lexi779 I'm having the same problem, though with a different light bulb type, LB120.  I've had the bulb in my home working through the Kasa app and Google Home for several years now.  About 3 days ago, one of the two LB120s I have stopped responding to commands. 

I've tried resetting the light bulb both via the three and five "turn on/off" methods and haven't had success either way.  Each time I try to add it via the Kasa app, I get to the point where the app tries to connect the bulb to the home network and then fails.  It complains that I need to be connected to the same WiFi network that I'm trying to add the bulb to.  I have been...

It looks like there are a couple other recent posts with similar issues.  I hope support actually responds.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I am having the same problem but with the KL135 light bulb. 

The lightbulb showed as disconnected in the app. After deleting it and trying numerous times to re-add it, it keeps failing during the step that should connect the lightbulb to the wifi.

@Lexi779, @gmongoose were you able to get yours working again?

Options
Sunday

@Lexi779 I am having the same issues with K125 and unable to get it on the network. I had 2 older models that worked perfectly fine, I thought they were old so got new ones and still nothing. Has there been any help from TP-Link?

Options
Sunday

takis7 wrote

I am having the same problem but with the KL135 light bulb. 

The lightbulb showed as disconnected in the app. After deleting it and trying numerous times to re-add it, it keeps failing during the step that should connect the lightbulb to the wifi.

@Lexi779, @gmongoose were you able to get yours working again?

Follow up: 

In my case the problem was that there were too many devices (12-14 devices) connected to the one 2.4 Ghz wifi network. I created a second SSID on router, and I split up my devices to the two networks. I was then able to setup the lightbulb successfully. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 4

Related Articles