CES 2024 Smart Home Showcase: Products and Features

Used Products:
× 1
General Product

One of the key focuses this year at CES was our line of Tapo products, whether it be the latest improvements made to Night Vision technology, the release of our new Doorbells, or the first look at the new Hub and Tapo for Pad – there were new features and new tech for everyone.

Smart Cameras 📷

At CES this year, TP-Link unveiled numerous Tapo cameras, including models with features not previously seen, such as Outdoor Smart Security Camera Kits with solar panels, or models with the latest ColorPro Night Vision.

746218b7bb7d4f20ad09d397f7f6e529

Solar-Powered Outdoor Smart Cameras

Tapo C428 KIT – Smart ColorPro Night Vision Wire-Free Security Camera and Solar Panel

Tapo C620 KIT – Smart Wire-Free Pan/Tilt Security Camera and Solar Panel with Starlight Sensor

Tapo C425 KIT – Smart Wire-Free Security Camera and Solar Panel with Starlight Sensor

Tapo C402 KIT – Smart Wire-Free Security Camera and Solar Panel

Tapo C525WB KIT – Smart Outdoor Pan/Tilt Security camera with ColorPro and PoE

Video Doorbells and Door Locks

Tapo D130 – Wired Smart Video Doorbell  (Available Now)

Tapo D230S1 – Smart Battery Video Doorbell (Available Now)

Tapo DL130 – 2K 5MP Smart Video Door Lock With 7 Unlock Methods and Apple Home Compatibility

Indoor Smart Cameras

Tapo C220 – Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Complete Privacy Features

Tapo C840 – Pan/Tilt Smart AI Baby Monitor with 4MP + 2MP Dual-Lens Technology

Smart Plugs 🔌a360196fce6c4eacbe7dae39128c0d0d

At CES this year we announced three new Smart Plug offerings with various features such as Matter support, Apple Home compatibility, and Energy Monitoring.

Tapo P306 – 9-in-1 Smart Outlet Extender with Apple Home Support

Tapo P110 – Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug with Energy Monitoring

Tapo P400M – Matter-enabled Outdoor Smart Wi-Fi Plug

If you’re interested in Matter-enabled devices, make sure to check out our latest releases from Tapo and Kasa. We have already seen the release of a variety of matter-compatible devices such as smart plugs, in-wall switches, smart lights, and our Sub-GHz hubs

Smart Home Hub 🎛️

3218ae9d3253446bbebeb02e570a945bAt the core of the Tapo ecosystem lies the Smart HomeBase Tapo H500, a centralized control device compatible with Matter and ONVIF protocols. It comes with 16GB eMMC, expandable up to 16 TB via an extra HDD/SDD drive, delivering massive, secure local storage. Its AI technology recognizes human faces, people, pets and vehicles, effectively filtering invalid alerts for connected cameras.

With its capability to connect up to 16 cameras and 64 sensors, the Tapo H500 acts as a unified smart home control center for your home. Supporting connectivity for up to 16 cameras and up to 64 IoT devices, as well as Matter and ONVIF; all the while making your existing devices and cameras all the smarter.

8284c60a09d4492da02c0b3d664ac87f

Tapo for Pad App

Additionally, we teased the release of the new Tapo for Pad App (iOS and Android) – allowing you to effortlessly keep an eye on the devices and cameras throughout your entire home with a customizable floorplan. Watch live video from multiple cameras at the same time, customize your system settings, playback recorded motion events and more. Check out the Tapo H500 on our website here.

The H500 is a great way to incorporate our various Tapo Smart Sensors, which can be found here.

Robot Vacuums 🧹

TP-Link’s Tapo Robot Vacuum product line saw two new model announcements this year at CES.

Tapo RV20 Plus – MagSlim™ LiDAR Navigation Robot Vacuum + Smart Auto-Empty Dock

Tapo RV30 Plus – LiDAR Navigation Robot Vacuum & Mop + Smart Auto-Empty Dock

Have a Question?

If you have any questions about the features or announcements from CES, feel free to ask below. We will be working with our Product Team to best answer your questions on the devices' functionality and use.

With the smart home product and feature announcements from TP-Link at CES this year, your Smart Home can be smarter than ever, both indoors and out. Find our full CES 2024 product release list on our website here. You can expect to see a great deal many devices from both Tapo and Kasa release throughout the next year. Keep an eye out for new Kasa devices, such as the KS240 Fan and Dimmer Switch.

e493291179e749d3a97f4843bd64ad29

*CES is a Global Event, any Products Announced and marked "Coming Soon" are not guaranteed to be released in the United States, and specifications may differ from the final product. As the devices listed above would be new entries to the US market, there are especially no guarantees that the devices will release in the US this year.

Comment

When do you expect DL130 / D225 to become available?  Any product specs (size, weight, etc.) you're able to share?  Thanks.

Is the DL130 smart lock for Europe? 

Hey @SPF1,

It is still a bit early to have any concrete info, however the doorlock was used as a live demo during the show so we do have a general idea of what the device will look like and what features were announced for launch, such as the various entry methods and Apple Home compatibility. Exact specs will only be available closer to a release.

Is there something specific that you are looking for?

Primarily sizing and release date, if you're able to share.  Also, whats the price point expectation?  Thanks!

Hey @Riley_S, quick question pertaining to the new lineup of Tapo products; are there any plans to bring Matter or Homekit support to the outdoor cameras or smart vacuums? I'm in the market for such items and I would love to incorporate Tapo's lineups. The features and functionality are exactly what I'm looking for in both, but I'm very firm when it comes to the communication protocol I use to add devices to my smart ecosystem.

Hey @Petrij98,

Our teams have already been at the forefront of matter development and device compatibility, so I am sure that these devices are in the works. However, I will see if I can find any information that I can give about compatibility with these devices for everyone.

Both the Matter Protocol and our line of robot vacuums are relatively new, but I will make sure to pass along the feedback that this is a common request, as I have now seen a few questions about Homekit/Matter compatibility with Robot Vacuums. I also believe that support for smart vacuums was actually added in the most recent 1.2 update for the matter protocol.

I would imagine that HomeKit cameras are on the way, especially after seeing the number of new outdoor models showcased at CES. The doorlock showcased is also meant for use with Apple Home, so it is a focus for Tapo overall. I do not yet believe that there are Matter controls for smart cameras, but you could look towards the RTSP and ONVIF Features available with Tapo cameras.

Hey Riley! Do you know if the KS230 3-way dimmer kit has an upgraded HomeKit/Matter version, or if there is one coming soon? I'm looking to swap out some old Leviton switches and desperately want to use the KS230 as I've had good experiences with your single pole switches, but absolutely need HomeKit or matter compatibility. 

thanks!

Hey @Shaunp77,

I believe that there are plans to bring a three-way compatible switch/dimmer with Homekit or Matter. From what I can tell, most of our core smart home products are adding a new model with the features. In the grand scheme, the KS230/3-Way is a lesser priority overall(more nich in market), and may have to wait for the rest of our matter lineup to be released before we hear something concrete.

I am currently reaching out to our product teams to see if there is any information that we can put out there about our current plans for matter compatibility and potential upcoming products.

Matter 3way standard and dimmer as well as matching dumb switches for those items like vent fans, garbage disposal, or the other side of a 3way would be great and allow the ability to complete the change over of my house to all Kasa or Tapo switches. I have been really enjoying the 12 switches I am currently using but it would  be awesome to unify and complete the look through out my home. 

Agreed, PLEASE consider prioritizing the introduction of 3-way Matter compatible dimmer switches! I think this is actually quite a common use case and it is the one thing still preventing me from having completely Kasa-based home automation. I would buy these on launch day!

Nonetheless thank you for the consideration @Riley_S!

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions