Votes

Send ONVIF motion detected event on person detection, too

2023-03-22 15:52:02
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I'm using two C320WS together with a Synology NAS and the Surveillance Station feature.

I would like to record videos on the NAS if a person is detected. Because of too many alarms I disabled the motion detection but kept the person detection on. With these settings the recording on the NAS doesn't get triggered.

BUT if i enable the motion detection the recordings are working. So there seems to be some ONVIF event that triggers the NAS to start the record. 

Please send the same event also if just the person detection is enabled!

Thanks

Options
7 Reply
RE:Send ONVIF motion detected event on person detection, too
2023-06-20 20:10:53
Yes, motion detect is not correct work with onvif
Options
2023-12-11 14:37:34
Person detection is really useful to minimize false positives and since it's not an ONVIF event it's a great suggestion to make it possible to sent it as a motion detection event instead. It could be an optional feature in Advanced settings.
Options
Re:Send ONVIF motion detected event on person detection, too
2024-01-30 22:03:43

@michbeck Yeah, this is a dealbreaker, I really need this or detection is basically useless for me

Options
2024-02-21 10:04:30
That would be great. motion detection alone is just too sensitive to minor movements.
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I totally agree, it would be a great feature if the persoon detection event could trigger an ONVIF motion detection event for my Synology NAS in order to start recording. I also think it would be great if you could configure which events should trigger an ONVIF motion detection event als I can imagine that others might want to see a pet detection event to be send as a ONVIF motion detection event as well.

Options
a week ago

+1 Motion detection is not anymore used in 2024, all others vendors rely on person / vehicule detection for motion event handling.

Options
a week ago

@dam09fr

When I only turn on person detection on my C310 my Synology NAS will not make any recording. Yes, I can configure the Synology NAS to do the person detection but I would like the person detection to be done by the camera in order to prevent recordings made on the SD card when it rains.

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 611

Replies: 7

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters