TL-SG1008P minimum supply voltage ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-28 13:22:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello kind people,I have a 24vdc solar/battery fixed wiring system in my house and outbuildings.The rail sits at around 25vdc overnight to a max of 29vdc on daytime equalisation charge.I have run all my IT gear from this rail for many years with no problems or performance issues (using 5/9/12/18 volt isolated dc-dc converters where necessary).Many devices, including lotsa TP Link modems, routers, switches, AP’s etc, all working beautifully off this protected, clean, stable supply.I want to install a TL-SG1008P 8 port unmanaged switch. I want to use its 4 x PoE ports to power AP’s, cameras etc via Cat5e/6 ethernet cable.The SG1008P uses a 48vdc power supply, per IEEE 802.3af standard.I understand that the 48volts is to allow for voltage drop, but my cable runs are only 25 metres maximum, and my PD’s will require 12v/750mA absolute max, so Vdrop is not as critical.So my question to any kind souls reading this then please is:Will the SG1008P run happily from 24vdc (with appropriate power derating), to supply my PD’s ?If not, will it simply fail to function, or perhaps default to passive mode or ... even let the smoke out ?Thanks for any help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1008P minimum supply voltage ?
2018-02-02 15:49:05

Adrian25 wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello kind people,I have a 24vdc solar/battery fixed wiring system in my house and outbuildings.The rail sits at around 25vdc overnight to a max of 29vdc on daytime equalisation charge.I have run all my IT gear from this rail for many years with no problems or performance issues (using 5/9/12/18 volt isolated dc-dc converters where necessary).Many devices, including lotsa TP Link modems, routers, switches, AP’s etc, all working beautifully off this protected, clean, stable supply.I want to install a TL-SG1008P 8 port unmanaged switch. I want to use its 4 x PoE ports to power AP’s, cameras etc via Cat5e/6 ethernet cable.The SG1008P uses a 48vdc power supply, per IEEE 802.3af standard.I understand that the 48volts is to allow for voltage drop, but my cable runs are only 25 metres maximum, and my PD’s will require 12v/750mA absolute max, so Vdrop is not as critical.So my question to any kind souls reading this then please is:Will the SG1008P run happily from 24vdc (with appropriate power derating), to supply my PD’s ?If not, will it simply fail to function, or perhaps default to passive mode or ... even let the smoke out ?Thanks for any help.

According to the IEEE 802.3af standard, the input voltage is 44~57V, in my opinion, if you connect TL-SG1008P to your solar wiring system, there are two results:
1.TL-SG1008P can not work completely
2.TL-SG1008P can transfer data, but can not work as PSE.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 1