【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller

【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller

75 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-03-14 20:22:53

hughug wrote

Same issue for me. OC200 just arrived, powered by 5 volts microusb and connected to my router.

Also after 20 minutes no connection to cloud but the most warning thing is that i cannot retrieve its ip address. My router doesn't lease any ip.

Tested also with another router but nothing change.

Model: OC200(UN) v1.0

if the OC200 looks like struggling in the startup loop, I suspect that the power from the power adapter is not enough. According to my knowledge of hardware, when the oc200 starts up, it actually requires higher power consumption than when it is working.  

and, many power adapters bought from the retail, in fact, do not meet their nominal voltage/current.

just give it a try, change the power adaptor and usb cable and see if it works or not.

Options
Re:Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-03-19 10:11:09

Peter80 wrote

Same problem here.. new OC200... 2A micro USB.. no cloudconnect... no connection over lan.. IP shown in router table but no WEb connect possible..just saw it one time starting but suddenly connection break.. waited for more that 30min for inittialisation... already tryed to reset.. restart.. seems that OC ist not correct booting or in a kind of a endless starting loop.. definitly doesn't work like it should

Hi,

Does the problem of OC200 still exist? You can check if the IP address of OC200 is changed when you can NOT log in to the web management page of OC200, try to ping the IP address of OC200. You can also change the Router port, the Ethernet cable for checking.

Options
2019-03-29 09:21:13

sassign wrote

where can i download  Omada APP, cause i could not find it in Google Play and Apple APP Store? picture frames thanks 

Hi,

You can search for "Omada" in Google Play or Apple APP Store, then you will find the Omada APP.

Options
Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-04-12 15:25:36

My OC200 is working pretty well, albeit with only on EAP225 at the moment while I test the system. I run a hotel / restaurant business which has numerous visitors, so I rely quite heavily on dual SSID, and if all goes well will eventally add probably many more EAPs.

One question for TP-Link - as a typical business owner I want to see who has logged onto my connection and cross-reference with various business data. How can I export into a spreadsheet a periodic snapshot of all MACs which have connected to the Wifi, and for how long? I can access these data from within the OC200 web interface, but only client-by-client and without being able to export. The data are clearly there for the taking within the OC200, I want to bulk export periodically (say monthly) for further analysis.

How?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-04-26 21:54:17

I install a new OC200 and the portal was not working also. I had been running on v2.54 on a PC for years. I noticed that the URL the the client was sent to fot the portal log in was via port 8088.  It was 8088 on the windows platform also. The portal page would not load. I had to change all of my eap access points to a remote network and use the EAP discovery tool to tell the devices to look for the OC200 on my public IP address. The reason was that with my rputer I was able to trigger a redirect from port 8088 to port 80 and it worked. I also ran a port scan on the OC200 and found that only port 80 and 443 was open. I ran a port scan on a test server using version 2.54 and 8088 was open. I also tested on a Ubuntu platforn and had the same results with 8088 open. I also tested on the Ubuntu platform and the portal worke fine on the 3.xx version. I have been in production now for 3 weeks with 10 to 40 users on a WIFI system with 2 EAP225 outdoor, 8 EAP110s outdoor and one eap110 indoor with the portal using vouchers. 
I spend over an hour with senoir tech support from TP-Link but due to a language problem they had no ideal what I was talking about as we only comunicated via text and he was using a translate program. I hope that this helps you. My sustem is both a local and remote system with half of the APs connected via the local neatwork, (the OC200 is connected in the same network as the APs 192.168.11.xxx) and the other half connected remotely via the internet.I have a DDNS service to update my Public IP wien it changes.

SO to make it work set up a port foward for any request to 8088 to forawr to port 80

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-04-26 23:13:30

I post this earlier but here it is again. The reason the portal is not working is that the OC200 lessens for HTTP calls on port 80 and all of the other versions of EAP controler software use port 8088. Look at the failed connection URL bar on the failed portal page and you will see xxx.xxx.xxx:8088 with a lot following that. That is also the reason that we have to manage the OC200 without needing the 8088 like all of the other platforms of the EAP server. They messed up and left the call to 8088 when it should be 80, or they need to change the management port to 8088, or just open the 8088 port on the OC200 via the http server settings. 

If you have a system that has all of the EAPs in a different IP range that the OC200, called a remote system in the docs that you can get it to work by changing a router setting. Go to your port forward settings on you router and set it to forward request from 8088 to port 80 on the IP number of the OC200 device, for the OC200 needs to have a static or reserved IP address set in your DHCP settings.It should start working than.

If you had it set to use the local IP address (Local network) you have to use the EAP discovery tool to discover the EAPs, note if you have already discovered them via the discovery tool you are fine since you entered the URL and not an IP address, if not you need to forget all of the EAPs, than discovery them again, You will also need to have a public IP address that in my case I used a DDNS service to track public IP changes from my ISP. Any way you can look up information on DDNs services but when you run the discovery tool enter the URL name from your DDNs provider that tracks your public IP. Next got back to the OC200 and the EAPs should show up again and need to be adopted. After making the change the EAPs will try to access your OC200 via the public IP address and the router will redirect the request to port 80 and it will work.

I escalated this to a senior engineer this week at TP-Link and due to him not speaking English and all communication was via chat and a translate program he could not understand what the problem was.

Escalate to TPlink so that they can fix this for everyone, easy fix just a setting on the server on the OC200. I wanted to look around in the Linux system but SSH does not work either so I could not log in to it.

I have been ruining the portal with vouchers for 3 weeks now with 20 to 40 users connected with 11 total EAPs with no problem after making the router changes.

Options
Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-05-22 16:16:42

Great that everyone's happy. Sadly I'm not. I bought one after advice from TP-link to address the issue of the cloud controller being independent. 

I'm using with a TP-eap225 with its own POE so I've the POEbconnected to the router and now connected the OC200 to the POE though the POE port. Nothing happens. Help 

Options
2019-05-25 06:42:59

Confirmed wrote

My OC200 is working pretty well, albeit with only on EAP225 at the moment while I test the system. I run a hotel / restaurant business which has numerous visitors, so I rely quite heavily on dual SSID, and if all goes well will eventally add probably many more EAPs.

Hi - I'm trying to do the same EAP25 & OC200 after I realsied teh Ohama controlled doesn't work unless my laptop is fully charged and no asleep

How have you created your architecture. I just bought a OC200, connected it to the POE with the EAP and no lights, nothing. So I'm either doing somethign wrong or the EAP POE isn;t strong enough.

I'd welcome your advice

Many thanks

Gerry

Options
2019-05-27 06:31:00

Hi DigitalGerry,

Allow me recap: you have a router that supports POE, both the EAP225 and the OC200 (POE in) are connected to the router via Ethernet cable, correct?
1, Make sure the Router's port on which the OC200 is connected is a "POE port".

2, Change the Ethernet cable between OC200 and the Router.

3, Tell us the Model of the router.

Options
Re:Re:Re:【New Product Introduction】OC200 Omada Cloud Controller
2019-05-27 15:06:00

Genius8088 wrote

Allow me recap: you have a router that supports POE, both the EAP225 and the OC200 (POE in) are connected to the router via Ethernet cable, correct?
No, The OC200 is connected to the POE (of the EAP225) 

1, Make sure the Router's port on which the OC200 is connected is a "POE port".

2, Change the Ethernet cable between OC200 and the Router.

3, Tell us the Model of the router.

OK I'm using a Orange Livebox 4 made by (Sagecom). I don't know which, if any, have a POE. I also have used all 4 ports up (the last being used by the EAP 

Does that help

Thanks again in advance

Gerry

Options