TL-ER6120 V1 Problem, it freezes... Someone with the same problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-ER6120 V1 Problem, it freezes... Someone with the same problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Re:TL-ER6120 V1 Problem, it freezes... Someone with the same problem?
2018-10-08 18:11:46 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:21:24

The firmware is a "beta" firmware, accoriding to the filename received from TP Link. I think this accounts for the version number being 0.0.0.

In response to your questions:

1. The whole interface has a watermark reading "Confidential Only for Test" reading on all pages, which is really not what we Customers should get.

-I also have this, again, presumably because this is a "beta" version.

2. The status page shows WAN3 and WAN4 status too (not sure if we can not configure additional WAN ports from LAN ports)

-Mine too. Don't know if we can configure or not. I only use 1 WAN so it is inconsequential to me.

3. There is also an option of IPTV in Network which was not there earlier.

-Yes

2. In the Router Maintenance Tab there is a new section called NAT Table (shows all traffic data). This is a great addition.

-Yes

3. In the Maintenance Tab there is a new section called SNMP. While i have not setup the same but appears to be an interface for SNMP setup.

-Have, but do not use.

FYI, I am 12 days uptime with this firmware.

Options
Re:TL-ER6120 V1 Problem, it freezes... Someone with the same problem?
2018-10-23 05:06:37 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:21:24

Upgrading the firmware might help you. I used the same model in my Coworking space in Vijayawada and experienced the same problem. Most of the time restarting the router fixed the issue temporarily. After several weeks, I upgraded the firmware and everything is fine from then.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-ER6120 V1 Problem, it freezes... Someone with the same problem?
2018-11-07 14:01:28 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:21:24

JairoB. wrote

Mitya wrote

Hi guys,

Your firmware is too old and buggy. I fixed some hanging problems with TL-ER6120 v1 with following firmware.

Check and write here about results

Hi. Thank you for answering, Is this an official firmware?

This is widely used BETA firmware among CIS market. (https://forum.tp-linkru.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=8692 from official RU forum)

Unfortunately, tplink's headquarter did not provide more official firmwares on v1.

Options