Omada is more and more interesting and advanced now (new Roaming launched)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-03 13:30:42 - last edited 2019-01-02 01:31:15

Hi Guys

I had been using EAP (legacy models) for some years, and recently one of my friend attended a partner event hold by TP-Link in Kuala Lumpur where they presented some new features like Cloud management, Mobile APPs, Smart Roaming and Mesh (my friend said mesh for outdoor AP so far, but later some indoor 11ac wave2 models will also get updated).

He also sent me some screenshot of that day's slides. I am really interested in these features especially the controller-based roaming technique, because from the slides it seems TP-Link had verified this new feature using a auto-track test bed. I am quite sure that Cisco had verified Cisco AP's roaming performance via similar methods. (I read Cisco's test on some report a few years ago.) .

My friend also told me that (as per the TP-Link engineer's intro) their test result showed that enabling the new roaming function obviously improves the roaming experience on latest clients(Samsung Galaxy and iPhone were used as example).

TP-Link seems to be ready to advertise this feature. (You know, some same SMB-level vendors will never show you the details about the roaming technique other than just saying "supported", which makes me think that those vendors actually have no roaming technique at all.)

Looking forward to someone to share their real feedback on the new APs. I am considering to update to wave2.

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 3928

Replies: 3

Related Articles