Farm WIFI coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Farm WIFI coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Farm WIFI coverage
Farm WIFI coverage
2019-01-01 16:50:10

Hi all,

I have installed a CPE 210 on a rural farm

The CPE is mounted externally to the farmhouse and is diectly connected to the router by POE injector

This is set up in range extender mode and works perfecly.

Farmer has now asked for this signal to be extended again so he has WIFI signal across all the farmyards.

Question is to do this do i simply need more CPE210's in line of sight with each other all configured in range extender mode, so the signal is boosted from each around the farm?

Thanks for your comments, i just want a second opinion before i purchase more CPE's

Thanks in advance, and happy new year

Griffin

Options
4 Reply
Re:Farm WIFI coverage
2019-01-04 08:59:03

Griffin wrote

Hi all,

I have installed a CPE 210 on a rural farm

The CPE is mounted externally to the farmhouse and is diectly connected to the router by POE injector

This is set up in range extender mode and works perfecly.

Farmer has now asked for this signal to be extended again so he has WIFI signal across all the farmyards.

Question is to do this do i simply need more CPE210's in line of sight with each other all configured in range extender mode, so the signal is boosted from each around the farm?

Thanks for your comments, i just want a second opinion before i purchase more CPE's

Thanks in advance, and happy new year

Griffin

Dear @Griffin 

May I know the approximate distance between the Router side and the Second wifi place?  The distance should be considered in case current CPE210 cannot achieve that far.

What's more, how many wireless clients will be connected to the sceond wifi place?

Please let me know so that I can give you detailed suggestions.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Farm WIFI coverage
2019-01-06 18:13:40

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply, distance is maximum distance is approx 80m, difficult to get line of sight with the CPE's due to granite farm buildings in the way.

I estimate maximum of 4 clients in total.

If i cant solve it this way, i will create a wireless link to the main barn then run wired connections to CPE's located at stregic locations around the farm.

Best regards

Griffin

Options
Re:Re:Re:Farm WIFI coverage
2019-01-07 05:43:34

Griffin wrote

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply, distance is maximum distance is approx 80m, difficult to get line of sight with the CPE's due to granite farm buildings in the way.

I estimate maximum of 4 clients in total.

If i cant solve it this way, i will create a wireless link to the main barn then run wired connections to CPE's located at stregic locations around the farm.

Best regards

Griffin

Dear @Griffin 

Thanks for the kind reply.

If two sites are at the same direction, and max distance is 80m, then only one CPE210 can already cover that distance.

If two sites are at two DIFFERENT direction, you can buy an extra CPE210 and also configure it in the same mode to achieve this.

Options
Re:Farm WIFI coverage
2019-01-25 16:46:56 - last edited 2019-02-04 15:59:46

I have almost Same query  I have industrial 4g modem along with TP-link Repeater and One-third party modem. Currently, I am using one TP-Link repeater and its working fine. But I need to connect one more to extend my wifi range how can I do that can you please help me?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1940

Replies: 4

Related Articles