EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Re: EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot
2019-01-26 02:27:01

Hi,

I ran the system without controller for 5-6  days and nights. The problem does not repeat. It only happens every 3rd or 4th reboot in our setup if and only if the *controller is running even with updated firmware.

However, with the controller application closed, I can't collect statistics, monitor system, see logs. etc ( a handicapped system), plus their is a latent need of portal and voucher authentication in very near future. so not practical in long term. I am just hoping that atleast even without the controller application running the APs are restarting as scheduled using their local configuration caches.

Also i noticed that on US site, their is a firmware EAP110-Outdoor(EU)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20180418 released on 2018-04-28 available on global site (I normally use the Tp Link India site based on my localization). This seems to be a version ahead of the beta firmware suggested bby Jonas. Does it have all the changes of the beta ?

Regards

Suman @ APRC Telecom WG

Options
Re: EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot
2019-01-28 19:30:22 - last edited 2019-01-28 19:32:46

Day 5 now without losing the EAPs association to the Controller v2.7 whith scheduled daily reboots. I have switched off scheduled reboots now, since we usually let our customer's EAPs run for long periods without any scheduled reboots. As I wrote, un-scheduled nightly reboots we observed earlier on our EAP110-Outdoor APs don't happen anymore since update with the beta version.

APRC-P3-Tel wrote

Also i noticed that on US site, their is a firmware EAP110-Outdoor(EU)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20180418 released on 2018-04-28 available on global site (I normally use the Tp Link India site based on my localization). This seems to be a version ahead of the beta firmware suggested bby Jonas.

I think that's a wrong assumption.

First, static.tp-link.com is not a localized US site, but a central site for static files linked to by all country-specific TP-Link sites. Firmware links on EU, US and any other sites always point to static.tp-link.com.

Second, the April 2018 firmware version is what I did run before updating with @jonas' beta version. Both versions share the same version number (1.2.0), but the beta version is dated 2018-08-08, while the official firmware is from 2018-04-28, thus the beta is definitely the newer one. Final official version incorporating beta version changes will be probably 1.3.0 or something if being published.

Third, you always should use country-specific firmware links found on your local TP-Link site (linking to static.tp-link.com). The EU version probably does no apply to local regulations in India.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re: EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot
2019-01-29 03:38:03

I think that's a wrong assumption.

First, static.tp-link.com is not a localized US site, but a central site for static files linked to by all country-specific TP-Link sites. Firmware links on EU, US and any other sites always point to static.tp-link.com.

Second, the April 2018 firmware version is what I did run before updating with @jonas' beta version. Both versions share the same version number (1.2.0), but the beta version is dated 2018-08-08, while the official firmware is from 2018-04-28, thus the beta is definitely the newer one. Final official version incorporating beta version changes will be probably 1.3.0 or something if being published.

Third, you always should use country-specific firmware links found on your local TP-Link site (linking to static.tp-link.com). The EU version probably does no apply to local regulations in India.

Hi R1D2,

Yes, you are right.

1. static.tp-link.com is where we store the software/firmware of our product. In face, the EU and US version EAP110-Outdoor share same firmware (but the default nation code of the products is different), so it is OK for EU or US version customer to use this beta firmware. 

2. We have made the beta firmware in 20180808, so it is newer then the official firmware of EAP110-Outdoorv1, it contain all function of the newest official firmware (20180418)

Options
Re:Re:Re: EAP-110 Outdoor AP not retaining configuration on auto nightly reboot
2019-02-09 17:47:43

The problem seems fully solved for us now with the beta firmware and 2+ weeks of observation. Thanks to Jonas and R2D2 for all the help and suggestions.

Options