I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-15 01:05:36 - last edited 2019-01-15 01:06:36

If anyone has a step by step setup to do this I would greatly appreciate it.  I would love to be able to manage my various EAP245 wireless networks from one central location.  The guides I have seen have been complicated and involve VPN etc.. Must be an easier way?

Also on one network I want to install 4 EAP245's by running a separate ethernet cable to each one from the main Internet router, will they still act as a mesh if that option is selected?

Thanks for any help..

Ralph Cooper

Options
5 Reply
Re: I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?
2019-01-15 03:13:20

CooperTech wrote

If anyone has a step by step setup to do this I would greatly appreciate it.  I would love to be able to manage my various EAP245 wireless networks from one central location.  The guides I have seen have been complicated and involve VPN etc.. Must be an easier way?

Set up an Omada Controller at a central point, which can be reached by any network. No VPN nor any special setup necessary. I manage dozens of EAPs in several different subnets throughout the country using Omada Controller running on my Internet server.

Also on one network I want to install 4 EAP245's by running a separate ethernet cable to each one from the main Internet router, will they still act as a mesh if that option is selected?

AFAIK, the EAP245 does not support mesh networks. Only EAP225-Outdoor supports meshing at the moment.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?
2019-01-15 03:17:38

Hi,

If you manage this EAPs by Omada Controller, then you can manage your EAPs remotely and the following setps maybe help you:

1. Bind your TP-Link ID with the Omada Controller;

2. Launch the website: omada.tplinkcloud.com

3. You will see your Omada Controller in the Omada Cloud, just click launch and you can manage your EAPs

If you manage your EAP in standalone mode, then you can manage the ap by Omada APP, but which needs the devices to connect to the SSID of the AP.

Options
Re:I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?
2019-01-15 18:30:49

THANK YOU!    I have been digging around this issue for a while.. I now see my controller in the cloud. 

One more question please:   what is the best and most efficient method of adding my next network location so it can be managed in the cloud?  ie.   once at the new location, is it best to add routers there by installing the controller software or is there a better way?

Thanks..

Options
2019-01-15 21:25:13

Actually I think I worked it out... install controller software at each site, bind to the cloud account.. rename the controller software with the appropriate network name, then I will see them all in my list on the cloud site.. right?

Options
Re: I have setup 2 networks using EAP245's - how can I manage these networks remotely?
2019-01-16 17:02:39

CooperTech wrote 

One more question please:   what is the best and most efficient method of adding my next network location so it can be managed in the cloud?  ie.   once at the new location, is it best to add routers there by installing the controller software or is there a better way?

As soon as you set up the Controller at a location and bound it to the cloud account, you can add APs anytime, even later.

If your questions have been answered, please mark the thread as solved by selection one or more posts as best solution. Thanks!

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1688

Replies: 5

Related Articles