Low Wi-fi Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low Wi-fi Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low Wi-fi Signal
Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-25 17:45:01 - last edited 2019-01-25 17:48:50

Hello , good afternnon guys

So to the point,  i want to share internet to another building ( around 300mts. ) using 2 TP-Link TL-WA7510N and seting up the second TP-LInk to distribute Wi-fi to inside the second building.

I did some internal testing and managed to setup one equipment to Acess Point , connected Lan into my network and the POE inside the WA7510 .

In the second equipment i used  client mode and connected this one to the acess Point .

I can see the wireless connection on my phone , i can connect and have internet , tho the problem lies in the range . If i move my phone 10 meters away ( maybe less ) from the client i get 0 Wi-fi signal , if i go closer to the client i get full wi-fi signal .

Im having a hard time beliving the equipment has such low range to distribute wi-fi.

Note : This was internal testing inside of a building on the same floor . Both equipaments are at around 10 meters of range of each other .

Any tips on what could possible be wrong that is causing the wi-fi signal in the client so weak?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-28 04:59:04

Sier wrote

Hello , good afternnon guys

So to the point,  i want to share internet to another building ( around 300mts. ) using 2 TP-Link TL-WA7510N and seting up the second TP-LInk to distribute Wi-fi to inside the second building.

I did some internal testing and managed to setup one equipment to Acess Point , connected Lan into my network and the POE inside the WA7510 .

In the second equipment i used  client mode and connected this one to the acess Point .

I can see the wireless connection on my phone , i can connect and have internet , tho the problem lies in the range . If i move my phone 10 meters away ( maybe less ) from the client i get 0 Wi-fi signal , if i go closer to the client i get full wi-fi signal .

Im having a hard time beliving the equipment has such low range to distribute wi-fi.

Note : This was internal testing inside of a building on the same floor . Both equipaments are at around 10 meters of range of each other .

Any tips on what could possible be wrong that is causing the wi-fi signal in the client so weak?

Dear Sier,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

For the wireless coverage problem, the TL-WA7510N has a radiation angel which is Horizontal: 60° and Vertical: 14° , please check if your wirelss device is in the radiation angle.

What's more, if you want to share wirelee connection, the topology AP))))Client----indoor AP is more suggested.

Thanks.

Options
2019-01-28 12:59:54

Hello , tks for your reply .

Is there any way to boost the client wi-fi signal to spread inside the floor?

Because the client is gonna be instaled close to a window and its pointing towards the client on the other building but its not pointing towards the devices that will connect to the client via wi-fi , its actually in the oposite direction .

What can i get or do to amplify the client wi-fi signal so that in the floor where the client is instaled i have relative good wi-fi coverage?

Any tips would be glady apreciated.

Options
Re:Re:Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-28 20:13:29 - last edited 2019-01-28 20:17:06

You can boost the WiFi signal by using an indoor AP connected to the TL-WA7510 as Simon.Han did suggest.

There is no other way to distribute a directional WiFi signal in an omnidirectional manner. Just connect an indoor AP to the TL-WA7510 and you will get the best WiFi signal possible even in the opposite direction of the TL-WA7510.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re:Re:Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-29 11:04:22

Thanks for the explanation , i finaly understood  what u mean and why i was failing .

Using the omnidirectional indoor wi-fi do i need to change the configuration of the entire setup?

Using your image as suport for the descrition and trying to explain my hopefully last doubt

AP -> Client -> Should the omnidirectional wi-fi also be client and connect to the AP? Or since we have another equipment added to the network do we need to change the entire  setup?

Whats the best in terms of configuration for this setup in the image u provided ?

Again very thanks for your support .

Options
Re: Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-30 02:38:51 - last edited 2019-01-30 02:39:48

Sier wrote 

AP -> Client -> Should the omnidirectional wi-fi also be client and connect to the AP? Or since we have another equipment added to the network do we need to change the entire  setup?

No, the AP connects to the the TL-WA7510 by wire. On its WiFi part it will be configured as an AP to which other clients (SmartPhones, tablets, notebooks) connect to. Most APs even can't work in client mode; the TL-WA7510 being an exception from this rule since it is used almost always pair-wise in an AP <-> client setup.

So, you do not need to change the existing setup of the directional link between the two TL-WA7510. One is the AP, the other is the client. It even doesn't matter which TL-WA7510 is the AP and which one is the client.

To set up an indoor AP, assign it a static IP address unused elsewhere (just to be able to connect to its web UI), configure the WiFi (WPA2 security, channel selection etc.) and you are done. It's really that easy. You can use any AP such as TL-WA901ND or - if you want a more powerful device - an EAP110 or an EAP225. You could even use a spare WLAN router (any TL-WRxyz) if you have one and configure it as an AP by disabling its DHCP server and connecting one of its LAN ports to the TL-WA7510 instead of the WAN port.

Options
Re:Re: Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-01-31 11:36:54
Thanks u guys for your help . Gonna buy another AP to do what R1D2 said and finish the project . Tks again .
Options
2019-02-15 09:27:50

Hi Sier

I am also using 2 TP-Link TL-WA7510N to share internet for my friend and I who live opposite each other. When the company Xpress Networks installed it for us, they gave us a extra antenna also, because i had the same problem as you when we first started using the TP-Link from another company. Maybe try getting another antenna or try putting it on wireless internet mode. If you are still having trouble check https://xpressnetworks.co.za. They were really helpful to me.

Options
2019-02-16 11:48:32

@Sier, don't change the antenna of the TL-WA7510 to an omnidirectional one, it will not work reliably over the distance of 300 meters.

Options
Re:Re:Low Wi-fi Signal
2019-02-19 16:57:30 - last edited 2019-02-19 16:59:21

Hello guys , Again thanks for the help R1D2 , im not gonna change anything on the previous setup that u sugested, im gonna order the TL-WA901ND and im gonna install it in the center of the area where i want to have Wi-fi distributed and test it .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1594

Replies: 9

Related Articles