EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-26 10:58:34
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 Build 20181107 Rel. 39421

Hello.

I’m facing front of uncomfortable issues with EAP245 v3.

Users mobiles devices complains about no possibility to access internet without raison and in intermitence.

The mobiles devices (mix of Iphone and Android smartphones) that are connected to the EAP245  got very good Wi-Fi signal and are less than 3M far from the EAP.

To resolve temporary the issue they need to switch Off the Wi-Fi mobile and switch it back on to be able to surf on the web again till the next time they are blocked again.

The Issue seem to be only with the access points that are on the Lan segment connected with usage of the second Lan port but i'm not sure of this.

I already tried the disable or enable Airtime Fairness on the 5GHz band.

Band Steering is enable as i want to force the 5GHz usage.

Fast Roaming is enable too as I want to roam between multiple EAP245 without interuption or manual intervention on the wifi's iphone.

There are other fixed devices connected to the same segments Lan of the EAP and these one got always internet access without interruption.

@R1D2 

Does anyone met this issue too and found a solution to resolve it ?

Any help wil be apreciate.

Options
15 Reply
Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-26 12:00:48

Hi Pascal,

I am also having issues with my stand-alone EAP225 and some WiFi client connections. Sometimes one of my clients (an audio system) simply "disappears" in the network, although still connected according to the AP's client list. But even an IP scan does not show this client anymore. Simply hidden. Only a reboot of the AP resolves the issue. This is really annoying and I have posted it here already, but no real support.

To me it sounds like a buggy firmware version although using the most recent one. Maybe you have a similar problem?

Cheers, Manfred

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-27 11:06:23

Manfred wrote

Hi Pascal,

I am also having issues with my stand-alone EAP225 and some WiFi client connections. Sometimes one of my clients (an audio system) simply "disappears" in the network, although still connected according to the AP's client list. But even an IP scan does not show this client anymore. Simply hidden. Only a reboot of the AP resolves the issue. This is really annoying and I have posted it here already, but no real support.

To me it sounds like a buggy firmware version although using the most recent one. Maybe you have a similar problem?

Cheers, Manfred

Hi Manfred

Your issue seems to not be the same, as here our device are always connected with IP but sometimes need to reconnect to the wifi to be able to surf on the web.

May I know what is your audio system ?

Is it the only device that got trouble and disapear from your network ?

Did you fixed his IP adress or made a reservation IP into the DHCP server from your main router ?

Your issue looks like an IP conflict.

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-27 20:18:36

Hi Pascal,

my multi-room audio system is a Block C, connected to the EAP225 via 2.4GHz network. Cable-Router is from Vodafone.

The Block audio system remains conntected as I can see it in the EAP's client list still. But somehow it disappears in the network and internet connection is lost. Looks like the SSID isolation gets activated accidentially. Only an AP reboot resolves the issue.

R1D2 suggested to look into the Lease time, but via Web-UI of the EAP there is no parameter called "Lease time".

In addition, what happens appr. once a day is that the EAP disconnects the clients on the 5GHz network all in a sudden. Very bad if you are connected to your business network via VPN.... Then even the SSID is gone but after a few seconds it comes back and when you again connect to the WiFi it looks as if nothing had happened. Very strange.

Unfortunately I have to say that the TP team here in this community is not very supportive. Also the technical support team via email does not reply at all. Typical behavior: "it's the otherone's device causing the problem, not us...."

Cheers,

Manfred

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-27 20:21:10
to answer your question about IP reservation: yes, my DHCP router (Vodafone) starts the DHCP allocations from 192.168.0.10 onwards and the EAP has a fixed IP 192.168.0.3. You think that this might cause the issues?
EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-28 01:38:44

The "lease time" is not into the EAP but with your Vodaphone Router. DHCP lease an IP for a period.

Do you have many wifi neightboors arround your place ?

change your wifi channels manualy (use 1,6 or 11 for the 2,4GHz and 40 for the 5GHz) depending the less used around you.

Also TP-Link suggested to try with just 20MHz and avoid the 40 or 80MHz , but in this case you will have less speed performance (70MBps).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-28 13:22:11 - last edited 2019-02-28 13:23:18

There aren't many other Wifi networks in the house, maybe 4-5. But I'll make a frequency check in order to see if there are channcel overlappings... However, I don't believe that this causes my problems... in the meantime I have purchased another EAP225 and will return the one I have. If the problems continue with the new one, too then I will switch back to NetGear AP with which I have never faced such issues.

Btw, router lease time is set to 24 hrs....

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-02-28 14:48:12
BTW, my topic is talking about EAP245 and not EAP225. I'm still working on my issue I'm trying now to Disable Fallback IP or use one IP member of the correct mask from my lan (the default EAP Fallback IP is in 192.168.0.x. but my Lan is 192.168.1.x) As I seen many move from this services into my Logs. Hopefully this will be a solution...
Options
Re: EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-03-02 19:44:05 - last edited 2019-03-02 19:45:45

Pascal wrote

BTW, my topic is talking about EAP245 and not EAP225. I'm still working on my issue I'm trying now to Disable Fallback IP or use one IP member of the correct mask from my lan (the default EAP Fallback IP is in 192.168.0.x. but my Lan is 192.168.1.x) As I seen many move from this services into my Logs. Hopefully this will be a solution...

Sorry for the late reply, I had two stressing weeks and no opportunity to read the forum.

Unfortunately, I don't use EAP245, only a bunch of EAP225/120/110. But to find out what causes the Internet connection drop, you could execute a ping to the EAP, then to the switch (if you use a managed switch), then to the router and lastly to some well-known pulic IP such as Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) when this event occurs again.

If the ping fails to the EAP, it might be WiFi-related (i.e. interferences with other devices, no AirTime or something like that). If the ping to the (managed) switch or router fails, it could have many causes such as bad cablings, ARP spoofing, duplicate IPs etc. If the ping to the pubic IP fails, it's your Internet connection which got disrupted.

Hope this helps somewhat to localize the malfunction.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re: EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-03-08 17:04:40
TKS! Will try to teach users with mobile to test with ping. There are some changes now done into the network. swap the TL-ER6120 v1 with a V3. Swap the switch netgear GS510TP with TL-SG1016PE. after this, just one user still met the issue. Got now DHCP issue from the new TL-ER6120 sometime device don't renew/receive correctly they IP . All devices got DHCP reservation & MAC binding. maybe will need to try out with the ARP spoofing protection disabled to take a test. Also I discovered that the TL-GS108PE v1 got issue with the SAVE configuration and was not into the same subnet mask anymore. Tried to found some firmware upgrade for this one, but nothing for the v1.
Options
Re:Re:Re: EAP245 v3 intermittence loosing internet access
2019-03-12 06:09:39

Pascal wrote

TKS! Will try to teach users with mobile to test with ping. There are some changes now done into the network. swap the TL-ER6120 v1 with a V3. Swap the switch netgear GS510TP with TL-SG1016PE. after this, just one user still met the issue. Got now DHCP issue from the new TL-ER6120 sometime device don't renew/receive correctly they IP . All devices got DHCP reservation & MAC binding. maybe will need to try out with the ARP spoofing protection disabled to take a test. Also I discovered that the TL-GS108PE v1 got issue with the SAVE configuration and was not into the same subnet mask anymore. Tried to found some firmware upgrade for this one, but nothing for the v1.

Hi Pascal

TL-SG108PE v1 can upgrade the firmware of TL-SG108PE V2. You can try to upgrade the latest firmware.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-SG108PE.html#Firmware

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7880

Replies: 15