TL-R480T+ disconnects WAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-09 10:59:55 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:29:47
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 9.02 Build 20180926 rel.34538

I've got 2 WANs 

WAN1: WiFi via CPE (Rebranded Ubitity CPE) - DHCP

WAN2: 3G/4G via Mobile Router (Netgear LB2120) - Static IP

Both directly connected to the TL-R480 setup to load balance and in the policy routing both WAN1 and WAN2 are on for all Service types and all Source and Destination IPs

For some reason the TL-R480 disconnects WAN after a time (especially during low usage periods, although I do have a constant ping setup to both the CPE on WAN1 and the mobile router on WAN2) ie shows as "Link Down" on "Connection Status" in the "System Status" page and in the Network -> WAN -WAN2 page Connection Status shows as "Disconnected" and Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS all show as 0.0.0.0.

If I click "Save" on this page it magically reconnects and data starts getting shared between each connection.

On the "Online Detection" in the "Load Balancing" I have tried setting WAN2 to "Always Online" but the Router for some reasons disconnects WAN2 and will only reconnect if you click "Save" on the Network -> WAN -WAN2 page (BTW whilst it's disconnected I can confirm that the Mobile Router on WAN2 does still have a connection).

What setting am I missing to prevent the TL-480T+ from disconnecting WAN2?

Oh I also tried swapping WAN2 and WAN1 settings, it just started disconnecting WAN1 instead.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-R480T+ disconnects WAN connection
2019-03-11 16:14:13 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:29:47

ElvisTheKing wrote

I've got 2 WANs 

WAN1: WiFi via CPE (Rebranded Ubitity CPE) - DHCP

WAN2: 3G/4G via Mobile Router (Netgear LB2120) - Static IP

Both directly connected to the TL-R480 setup to load balance and in the policy routing both WAN1 and WAN2 are on for all Service types and all Source and Destination IPs

For some reason the TL-R480 disconnects WAN after a time (especially during low usage periods, although I do have a constant ping setup to both the CPE on WAN1 and the mobile router on WAN2) ie shows as "Link Down" on "Connection Status" in the "System Status" page and in the Network -> WAN -WAN2 page Connection Status shows as "Disconnected" and Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS all show as 0.0.0.0.

If I click "Save" on this page it magically reconnects and data starts getting shared between each connection.

On the "Online Detection" in the "Load Balancing" I have tried setting WAN2 to "Always Online" but the Router for some reasons disconnects WAN2 and will only reconnect if you click "Save" on the Network -> WAN -WAN2 page (BTW whilst it's disconnected I can confirm that the Mobile Router on WAN2 does still have a connection).

What setting am I missing to prevent the TL-480T+ from disconnecting WAN2?

Oh I also tried swapping WAN2 and WAN1 settings, it just started disconnecting WAN1 instead.

Hi Elvis TheKing

Maybe you can check if you set up the Link backup. Because the backup link will be disconnected.

And you can check the system log. Confirm if your router release the IP address or cannot renew the IP from DHCP server.

You also can try to upgrade to the latest firmware of your hardware version.

Options
Re:Re:TL-R480T+ disconnects WAN connection
2019-03-12 09:54:25 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:29:47

OK so looking in the logs I see:

1 2019-03-12 09:42:14 Link Backup NOTICE Under Failover mode, Primary WAN (WAN1) take effect.

So maybe it is the failover doing it, I've disabled Link Backup for now, see if it fixes it.

Cheers

Options
Re:Re:TL-R480T+ disconnects WAN connection
2020-02-20 15:26:47 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:29:47

@ElvisTheKing 

ElvisTheKing wrote

OK so looking in the logs I see:

1 2019-03-12 09:42:14 Link Backup NOTICE Under Failover mode, Primary WAN (WAN1) take effect.

So maybe it is the failover doing it, I've disabled Link Backup for now, see if it fixes it.

Cheers

Did this solve the issue? I have exactly the same problem in a similar set up. Would be helpful to know if this works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3822

Replies: 3

Related Articles