TP-Link switch no link over fibre to Dell Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-02 03:16:07
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20160922 Rel.58984(s)

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm having a communication issue between a TP-Link T1600G-28PS and a Dell Powerconnect 6248P.

They basically won't talk to each other over Fibre, no link, no activity.

What I've tried: 
Connected the two switches via copper – OK Link and traffic.
TP-Link switch fibre to media converter then copper to Dell – OK Link and traffic.
Dell Switch fibre to media converter then copper to TP-Link – OK Link and traffic.
Swapped out TP-Link switch with a HP switch using same SFP module and cable in the HP switch – OK Link and traffic.
Put the HP switch between the TP-Link and Dell (all via fibre) – OK Link and traffic.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do, there must be a setting thats causing the two not to talk but I have no Idea what.
I've ended up settling with TP-Link fibre to media converter then copper to the dell, but I want to eliminate the converter as its just more stuff to break.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options
10 Reply
Re:TP-Link switch no link over fibre to Dell Switch
2019-04-04 17:44:49

Hi.

Have the same problem with connection via fibre with switch Allied Telesis AT-8000S and T2600G-18TS.

What I've tried: 
TP-Link switch fibre to media converter then copper to AT-8000S – OK Link and traffic.
AT-8000S Switch fibre to media converter then copper to TP-Link – OK Link and traffic.

TP-Link switch fibre to TP-Link switch fibre – OK Link and traffic.

and main problem:

Connected the two switches via fibre – OK Link but NO traffic!!!

Any idea?

Options
2019-04-08 03:01:40

Barnzey90 wrote

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm having a communication issue between a TP-Link T1600G-28PS and a Dell Powerconnect 6248P.

They basically won't talk to each other over Fibre, no link, no activity.

What I've tried: 
TP-Link switch fibre to media converter then copper to Dell – OK Link and traffic.
Dell Switch fibre to media converter then copper to TP-Link – OK Link and traffic.
Swapped out TP-Link switch with a HP switch using same SFP module and cable in the HP switch – OK Link and traffic.
Put the HP switch between the TP-Link and Dell (all via fibre) – OK Link and traffic.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do, there must be a setting thats causing the two not to talk but I have no Idea what.
I've ended up settling with TP-Link fibre to media converter then copper to the dell, but I want to eliminate the converter as its just more stuff to break.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You can try to set the fiber port of the Dell as 1000M Full duplex forced if it used auto by default. The problem may be caused by that they did not negotiate successfully.

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link switch no link over fibre to Dell Switch
2019-04-08 03:08:39

Voldemar wrote

Hi.

Have the same problem with connection via fibre with switch Allied Telesis AT-8000S and T2600G-18TS.

What I've tried: 
TP-Link switch fibre to media converter then copper to AT-8000S – OK Link and traffic.
AT-8000S Switch fibre to media converter then copper to TP-Link – OK Link and traffic.

TP-Link switch fibre to TP-Link switch fibre – OK Link and traffic.

and main problem:

Connected the two switches via fibre – OK Link but NO traffic!!!

Any idea?

Hi Voldemar

The link is OK. Maybe the problem is related to the configuration. 

I think you can reset both devices, then use two PCs to connect to different switches with static IP address and ping each other for checking the traffic.

It's for checking if the problem caused by the configuration.

Options
2019-04-19 10:24:32

I am not sure, if T2600G-18TS has this option, but some other switches, which supports new WebGUI from TP-Link can change link mode from 1000/Full to 1000/Auto, which helps a lot to build link between different vendors. If not, just ask tp-link to give you some beta-firmware.

Options
2020-02-07 15:31:46

@Andone Same problem here between T1600G-28TS running 3.0.3 firmware and Allied Telesis switches x510, G950 and AT-FS750. The problem seems to be related with speed negociation on the Fiber Link. TP-Link switch does not accept setting the fiber port to AUTO speed and most of Allied Telesis switches do not accept setting the fiber port to a fixed speed. Did several tests and on the very few AT models where it is possible to fix fiber speed the link goes UP and traffic is bidirectional. On the other tests, we see the link going UP but only the TX counters on the T1600G SFP port goes up. The RX counters goes up during the initial negotiation phase and then stop incrementing.

Very annoying problem that only occurs (in my case) with the TP-LINK switches. Other switch models/manufacturers we have on the network interoperate OK: Mikrotik, AT, D-Link, etc.

I'm considering opening a case with TP-LINK.

Mauricio

Options
2020-02-10 05:51:56

@MHenriques 

You can try to set duplex mode as auto duplex. Keep 1000M speed.

Options
2020-02-10 17:52:40

Andone wrote

@MHenriques 

@Andone I'll try this setup (Duplex Auto on T1600G) tonight and will post the results.

Options
2020-02-10 21:58:28

MHenriques wrote

Andone wrote

@MHenriques 

@Andone I'll try this setup (Duplex Auto on T1600G) tonight and will post the results.

Configured the SFP port with Duplex Auto. Disabled and Enabled the port and voilá: T1600G-28TS SFP is interoperating with Allied Telesis AT-FS750/28PS SFP via 1 GBit single mode 2 km fiber link. Will observe the T1600G switch running for a few days to see if no new interoperability problem arises.

Thanks for the tip!

Mauricio

Options
2020-07-30 09:11:39

@MHenriques 

I also configured the SFP port with Duplex Auto and T1600G-28 SFP is interoperating with Allied Telesis AT-8000S SPF. Everything seemed to be ok.
BUT now there are a lot of CRC errors in the switch optical port statistics.
Anyone have any ideas?

Options
2020-07-30 15:43:07
Just checked my optical link here between T1600G and Allied Telesis AT-G950-10PS: no errors. Link up and running since we it working with the hints from this forum.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3315

Replies: 10