Advice for connecting 3 residential houses (<200 ft apart)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-10 19:22:37 - last edited 2019-04-12 01:06:56

Hi,

I am looking to get some advice from the TP Link community.  I have 3 houses that I want to connect and share internet with (i.e. PtMP, with house A to be the main), but I’m wondering what equipment would be best suited for this scenario.  There is clear line of sight between house A and C, and between house B and C (both window to window or exterior mounted or combination), but no “easy” line of sight between A and B.  The roof of house A is lower than the houses between A and B, so an elevated pole mount doesn’t seem like an ideal solution.  Also, there is no stucco chimney at house A either and these are all single story houses.  Or would a setup to bridge the connection between A to C, then C to B work?  One other option that I have thought of would be to have a connection between houses A and B setup in the backyard, so the poles wouldn’t need to be so high.  But this would technically require me to buy an additional CPE, as I would have one set of devices in the front of house A to connect to C, and another pair of devices for A to B, both in the backyard, totaling 4. 

House A: 

Modem

Router

Switch

(which outdoor AP/CPE?)  Depending on the setup recommended by the community, this can either be mounted inside (window to window, if A to C then C to B), or outside (PtMP, A to B and C, with some creative outdoor mounting so house B can receive signal from house A)

House B:

(which CPE?)

Most likely I will need to do an outdoor solution as there is no line of sight between house A and B, unless I link to house C.  If that is the case, then I can probably indoor mount and have the signal go through the window of house B and C, easing the logistics of an outdoor mount

Switch

AP

House C: 

(which CPE?)

An outdoor mounted antenna is not as difficult for this house.  I am fairly flexible for window to window wireless connections or exterior siding or roof/chimney stucco mount options

Switch*

AP

Please let me know if I can help clarify anything.  I have not purchased any TP-Link devices yet.  Any recommendations/suggestions welcomed!  Thank you in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Advice for connecting 3 residential houses (<200 ft apart)
2019-04-14 20:17:19

You should always use outdoor mounts for CPEs, not indoor (to much attenuation). Of course you can supply house B from house C, which gets its feed from house A. You can even use the CPE @ house C as the AP with those in house A and B as clients connecting to the AP. This also works if house A has the Internet uplink. Since angle of house C is 58.8º, I would recommend two CPE510 at house C, one CPE510 at houses A and B each. Be sure to carefully adjust the antennas of the CPE510 to each other counterpart and ground all devices properly.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Advice for connecting 3 residential houses (<200 ft apart)
2019-04-19 14:04:33

Hallo, Danke für diesen Beitrag, bin auch auf der Suche nach Versorgung mehrerer Wohnungen! Danke

Options
Re: Advice for connecting 3 residential houses (<200 ft apart)
2019-04-22 19:06:33 - last edited 2019-04-22 19:07:37

videolinchen wrote

Hallo, Danke für diesen Beitrag, bin auch auf der Suche nach Versorgung mehrerer Wohnungen! Danke

Gerne. Wenn die Wohnungen nahe genug beieinander liegen (im Umkreis von bis zu 70 Metern), kann es auch lohnen, mal über ein Mesh-Netz mit den EAP225-Outdoor nachzudenken, zumindest wenn eine größere Bandbreite benötigt wird als mit Pharos-Geräten möglich ist (die leisten max. 100 Mbit/s full-duplex pro AP).

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 977

Replies: 3