List currently connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-10 18:03:09
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.0 Build 20180716 Rel.50041(s)

I am a test engineer and I burn in a number of network appliances. They are tested for a few days and then move on and others are attached and burned in. I am using ssh to connect to the switch using the CLI. What commands should I be using to get the current list of attached devices? I need both IP addresses and host names.

Thanks,

Norm Nelson

Test Engineer

TCI an SPX Company

Options
3 Reply
Re:List currently connected devices
2019-05-13 09:14:12

Hmm... I do not think it is typical scenario for switches. If you use DHCP-server in your network, then it is better to check directly on dhcp-server. I can only think about show ip source binding to check ip/mac, only if dhcp snooping is enabled on your switch, while hostname.. I am not sure..

Options
Re:Re:List currently connected devices
2019-05-13 19:13:01

Hi Mitya,

My switch is the DHCP server on my network. Currenty I just show arp and ping -a 192.168.0.x each IP in the table to retrieve the hostnames. I am wondering if there is a more elegant way to do this.

Norm

Options
Re:Re:Re:List currently connected devices
2019-05-15 03:23:06

Viper00o wrote

Hi Mitya,

My switch is the DHCP server on my network. Currenty I just show arp and ping -a 192.168.0.x each IP in the table to retrieve the hostnames. I am wondering if there is a more elegant way to do this.

Norm

Hi Viper00o

You also can use DHCP snooping to get the information. Then you can see the information on binding table.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2349

Replies: 3