Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.

2019-05-28 14:22:07 - last edited 2019-07-08 05:50:21

Dear friends,

We are glad to share you that we have published Omada Controller 3.1.13 (Windows), which mainly adds RADIUS Accounting/Controller migrate and Site migrate/log for some portal authentication results.

You can download Omada Controller 3.1.13 (Windows) at the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap-controller/#Controller_Software

1. RADIUS Accounting.

When we set External Radius Server portal, we can enable RADIUS Accounting to count the traffic of the client. With this feature, the user can be billed accordingly, and it can also be used for statistical purposes and general network monitoring.

2. Controller migrate and Site migrate.

With Controller Migrate function, you can migrate your configurations and data from the current controller to any other controller that has the same or higher version. With Site Migrate function, you can migrate your configurations and data of a site to any other controller that has the same version.

3. Add log for some portal authentication results.

We have optimize the log content. When the clients pass the portal authentication or authentication fails, we can see the information from the log.

PS: Below are the detailed release note of Omada Controller 3.1.13 (Windows)for your reference.

New Feature/Enhancement:

1. Add RADIUS Accounting.

2. Add Controller migrate and Site migrate.

3. Add log for some of portal authentication results.

4. Support POST request for External Web Portal.

5. Optimize Site Management to allow you to import site.

6. Optimize the performance when batch importing MAC address in MAC Filter.

7. Discovery Utility won’t be installed in Controller software installation.

Notes:

1. The log will be cleared when you upgrade the software from version 3.0.x to version 3.1.13.

2. To use Omada Controller 3.1.13 new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.

3. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.

4. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.1.13 from 2.4.X or earlier version.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.
2019-06-07 16:22:30

Hello.  I just went to the download page but 3.1.13 is only showing for linux.  Did the windows version get pulled?

Options
2019-06-09 14:50:02

Good day,

Thanks for the update. If possible can you add letters on voucher generation module for stronger security code.

Thank you,

Options
Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.
2019-06-11 01:14:50

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Now we have the plan to optimize the voucher feature in later version of Omada Controller. 

Options
Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.
2019-06-11 01:17:56

ctem81 wrote

Hello.  I just went to the download page but 3.1.13 is only showing for linux.  Did the windows version get pulled?

Hi,

Now the Omada Controller based on both Linux and Windows are all released, you can download it from the following website:

PS: Normally the Controller based on Windows will be released earlier than Linux.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.
2019-06-11 11:37:40
I still don’t see the windows .exe download. Only two Linux downloads for 3.1.13. Can you send the direct link to the .exe file?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.1.13(Windows) has been released.
2019-06-12 00:39:08

ctem81 wrote

I still don’t see the windows .exe download. Only two Linux downloads for 3.1.13. Can you send the direct link to the .exe file?

Hi,

Did you open the website link on a PC with a windows operation system, yes?

For the link, when you open the link on a PC with a windows operation system, you will see it on the top of the page;

when you open the link on a PC with a linux operation system, please roll on the page to the last, then you will see it.

Options
2019-07-02 20:56:54 - last edited 2019-07-02 20:59:42

in v 2.4 (Yes, mine was that old!) I used to be able to turn off just the 5G or just the 2.4G radio... (I do not need 5G on at night, so I want to turn it off) This possibility seems to be gone now? It does either both on the AP or both on the SSID, but cannot split them anymore...

Also, I have 3 EAP-225s, one outside, one on the ground floor and one on the 2nd floor (none on the 1st floor). For some reason our RingPro (GF) sometimes connects to the 2F EAP (2 concrete floors inbetween), instead of the GF one, which is only 4m away... At the same time an Echo Dot on 2F connects to the GF one (2 concrete floors inbetween), despite being less than 3m from the 2F EAP...

It would be nice if we could more actively steer fixed position devices to selected EAPs by MAC.

Another nice to have would be the ability to give a name to 'Unknown' devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2782

Replies: 7