Help - Connecting 2 Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-13 05:25:57 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:03
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased two TP-Link routers.  An AC1200 and a R600VPN which I've been attempting to configure on my home network for a few days now but at the final step, connecting to the ISP, I get a message saying, "No Npcap Loopback Adapter, No Internet".

Below is the video I followed for setup. In it he uses different routers but the procedure is the same. I just can't seem to find where I'm going wrong. Any advice?

Here's the video https://youtu.be/lQUEdqt8eow and a forum explaining the issue but the solution didn't work for me.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/the-npcap-loopback-adapter/e513c511-5a93-425d-b3cd-b5bfeacbc9f4?page=1&fbclid=IwAR3qc8Gg9HRhOgPlCcLOkYBXcgm05BBP3rhtcG1sohAKfM81oTPwSVEh7yA

My PC's are a Dell Inspirion 3470 and an Inspiron 15 3000-3573

Thanks,

Moon Dog

P.S.. I've made this post also in the wifi group as I don't know if the issue is in the wired or wireless.

File:
my network main.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Help - Connecting 2 Routers
2019-06-13 07:26:10 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:03

First of all, one advice. Don't use more than 1 antivirus on your PC. It could fight with each other and blocks could be everywhere. If you are not familiar with Mcafee, i would not recommand to use it.

Nobody will watch for a 28 minutes video, so just give your topology with IP-addresses. It seems you are going to connect AC1200 via LAN-port (not WAN) and disable DHCP. OK, fair enough, it will be just AP. Don't forget to change IP-address on LAN, so you will not have IP-conflilcts in your network. Just check, what IP-address you receive on PC, seems like that man in video used Static IP, while you keep DHCP enabled.

"No Npcap Loopback Adapter" - seems to be windows update thing, which doesn't mean anything special, just you do not have Internet. So, if you are confused with this, then you can just check connection by your non-windows phone.

You topology is pretty easy to be fair and there should not be any problems. If you have Internet, connecting directly to R600VPN, then you should have it via AC1200 with no problem.

Options
Re:Re:Help - Connecting 2 Routers
2019-07-12 01:23:38 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:03

Thank you,  it appears the the real problem was a bad C1200.  I just receveid a replacement and will configuring it this weekend.  Thank you for replying. I was having a very hard time and turned out the router was faulty.

Moon Dog

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1187

Replies: 2

Related Articles