EAP225 Outdoor Access Point Unable to Login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-15 16:22:38 - last edited 2019-06-15 16:24:36
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Firstlt let start with what may or may not be pertinant.

I am rural , as a result I do not have a Comcast or ATT network. I have a RF network which is provided by Speed of Light in Nothern Texas.

This network has to be a PPoe network which has to be in briged mode and that is how I connect to my ISP as per the ISP.

My network speeds are 25 down and 4 up (The price one pays for being rural)

My network looks like the following

RF Receiver, - POE adapter - LAN Port on my Linksys EA8500 (simple)

This network configuration has perfect for the last 6 months 

I need to provide network access to my office which is 200ft away from the house, so a AC1200 - (EAP225 Outdoor) seemed like the solution to me.

I connected it as follows

Lan Port #1 to Lan port on the TP-Link provided POE

50ft Cat 5e Lan cable from the POE port on the Tp-Provided POE Adapter to the Lan port on the EA225 Outdoor

I allowed DHCP to find the EA225, and that statically assigned the IP Adress for the EAP225

I can ping the EAP from the router, from my laptop (MacBook Pro), and everything seems perfect until Im attempt to login to the EAP225

I have attempted http:tplinkeap.net, the IPadress directly but aall the happens is that the browser clocks (never connects or times out).

I have attempted Chrome, Firefox and Safari as browsers and the same result.

I checked my DHCP tables and all is good there, I compared the MAC addresses to ensure that I was not connecting to the incorrect device

Next will be to climb back on the roof and do a reset and start over, but before I do that I figured I would ask the forum.

TIA

Gavin Slabbert

Pilot Point, TX

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Access Point Unable to Login
2019-06-18 02:07:20

Hello,

From your description we know that you cannot access the management page of the EAP225-Outdoor. I think you manage the EAP in standalone mode. We have a faq about this, you can refer to the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1000/

Options
2019-06-20 14:32:44

gslabbert5119 wrote

Firstlt let start with what may or may not be pertinant.

I am rural , as a result I do not have a Comcast or ATT network. I have a RF network which is provided by Speed of Light in Nothern Texas.

This network has to be a PPoe network which has to be in briged mode and that is how I connect to my ISP as per the ISP.

My network speeds are 25 down and 4 up (The price one pays for being rural)

My network looks like the following

RF Receiver, - POE adapter - LAN Port on my Linksys EA8500 (simple)

This network configuration has perfect for the last 6 months 

I need to provide network access to my office which is 200ft away from the house, so a AC1200 - (EAP225 Outdoor) seemed like the solution to me.

I connected it as follows

Lan Port #1 to Lan port on the TP-Link provided POE

50ft Cat 5e Lan cable from the POE port on the Tp-Provided POE Adapter to the Lan port on the EA225 Outdoor

I allowed DHCP to find the EA225, and that statically assigned the IP Adress for the EAP225

I can ping the EAP from the router, from my laptop (MacBook Pro), and everything seems perfect until Im attempt to login to the EAP225

I have attempted http:tplinkeap.net, the IPadress directly but aall the happens is that the browser clocks (never connects or times out).

I have attempted Chrome, Firefox and Safari as browsers and the same result.

I checked my DHCP tables and all is good there, I compared the MAC addresses to ensure that I was not connecting to the incorrect device

Next will be to climb back on the roof and do a reset and start over, but before I do that I figured I would ask the forum.

TIA

Gavin Slabbert

Pilot Point, TX

Thank you for your response. That access to the device became a MAC issue, there does not appear to be a program to access the EAP 225 outdoor from a MAc Book Pro. I have no issue accessing it from a windows device.

Options
2020-02-12 08:31:45

Are you talking about the outdoor connection? I have also faced the same problem when I went for an outing. I have bought some products after reading the reviews on the ulitmateknifekit but the only problem I faced is TP-link connection.

Options
2020-02-12 10:26:24 - last edited 2020-02-12 11:10:53

gslabbert5119 wrote

That access to the device became a MAC issue, there does not appear to be a program to access the EAP 225 outdoor from a MAc Book Pro. I have no issue accessing it from a windows device.

Of course you can access any EAP from a MacBookPro. I use it daily to log into EAPs. Just use the EAP's IP address in Safari web browser or – if you want to use a configuration domain – make sure to type it correctly as http://tplinkeap.net/ or even just tplinkeap.net (but not http:tplinkeap.net , this can't work, it's an invalid URL).

If the browser can't access it, the MBP has either no connection to the network or there is something wrong with the domain.

BUT: I don't recommend to use configuration domains. Why?

1. Using the EAP's IP always works, even if you have no Internet connection which is needed for name server lookups if using configuration domains.
  2. Most important: domains can change ownership over time (did already happen with some older configuration domains from TP-Link).
  3. Domains can be unresolveable for whatever reason.

3) has happened with tplinkeap.net, it's currently unresolveable for reason I don't know:

$ curl tplinkeap.net
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'tplinkeap.net'

$

Even Google's name server can't resolve it:

$ nslookup tplinkeap.net 8.8.8.8
Server:        8.8.8.8
Address:    8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find tplinkeap.net: No answer

$

I have informed TP-Link support so they can fix this.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-02-13 00:54:01

@R1D2 

For the tplinkeap.net, we will have a test when we are back to the office. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5705

Replies: 5