EAP225 Outdoor Access Point Unable to Login

2019-06-15 16:22:38 - last edited 2019-06-15 16:24:36
Model: EAP225-Outdoor
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Firstlt let start with what may or may not be pertinant.

I am rural , as a result I do not have a Comcast or ATT network. I have a RF network which is provided by Speed of Light in Nothern Texas.

This network has to be a PPoe network which has to be in briged mode and that is how I connect to my ISP as per the ISP.

My network speeds are 25 down and 4 up (The price one pays for being rural)

My network looks like the following

RF Receiver, - POE adapter - LAN Port on my Linksys EA8500 (simple)

This network configuration has perfect for the last 6 months 

I need to provide network access to my office which is 200ft away from the house, so a AC1200 - (EAP225 Outdoor) seemed like the solution to me.

I connected it as follows

Lan Port #1 to Lan port on the TP-Link provided POE

50ft Cat 5e Lan cable from the POE port on the Tp-Provided POE Adapter to the Lan port on the EA225 Outdoor

I allowed DHCP to find the EA225, and that statically assigned the IP Adress for the EAP225

I can ping the EAP from the router, from my laptop (MacBook Pro), and everything seems perfect until Im attempt to login to the EAP225

I have attempted http:tplinkeap.net, the IPadress directly but aall the happens is that the browser clocks (never connects or times out).

I have attempted Chrome, Firefox and Safari as browsers and the same result.

I checked my DHCP tables and all is good there, I compared the MAC addresses to ensure that I was not connecting to the incorrect device

Next will be to climb back on the roof and do a reset and start over, but before I do that I figured I would ask the forum.

TIA

Gavin Slabbert

Pilot Point, TX

Options
2 Replies
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Access Point Unable to Login
2019-06-18 02:07:20

Hello,

From your description we know that you cannot access the management page of the EAP225-Outdoor. I think you manage the EAP in standalone mode. We have a faq about this, you can refer to the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1000/

Options
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Access Point Unable to Login
2019-06-20 14:32:44

gslabbert5119 wrote

Firstlt let start with what may or may not be pertinant.

I am rural , as a result I do not have a Comcast or ATT network. I have a RF network which is provided by Speed of Light in Nothern Texas.

This network has to be a PPoe network which has to be in briged mode and that is how I connect to my ISP as per the ISP.

My network speeds are 25 down and 4 up (The price one pays for being rural)

My network looks like the following

RF Receiver, - POE adapter - LAN Port on my Linksys EA8500 (simple)

This network configuration has perfect for the last 6 months 

I need to provide network access to my office which is 200ft away from the house, so a AC1200 - (EAP225 Outdoor) seemed like the solution to me.

I connected it as follows

Lan Port #1 to Lan port on the TP-Link provided POE

50ft Cat 5e Lan cable from the POE port on the Tp-Provided POE Adapter to the Lan port on the EA225 Outdoor

I allowed DHCP to find the EA225, and that statically assigned the IP Adress for the EAP225

I can ping the EAP from the router, from my laptop (MacBook Pro), and everything seems perfect until Im attempt to login to the EAP225

I have attempted http:tplinkeap.net, the IPadress directly but aall the happens is that the browser clocks (never connects or times out).

I have attempted Chrome, Firefox and Safari as browsers and the same result.

I checked my DHCP tables and all is good there, I compared the MAC addresses to ensure that I was not connecting to the incorrect device

Next will be to climb back on the roof and do a reset and start over, but before I do that I figured I would ask the forum.

TIA

Gavin Slabbert

Pilot Point, TX

Thank you for your response. That access to the device became a MAC issue, there does not appear to be a program to access the EAP 225 outdoor from a MAc Book Pro. I have no issue accessing it from a windows device.

Options