Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-09 08:08:42 - last edited 2019-07-09 08:10:18
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am new to using TP link so forgive me if i sound very ignorant.

I am aware that i can configure the TP Link cpe210 in client mode and connect a camera to it for video surveillance. This I have successfully done.

But i wanna ask if its possible to connect more than one camera to the TP link client ?. Yes, the tplink cpe210 has only one LAN port but is it possible to connect a LAN Switch to the Tp link client and then connect more than one camera using the switch and still be able to receive the surveillance video from all cameras on the AP side?

I hope my inquiry is clear and any idea or suggestion will be appreciated.

Best,

Josy

Options
13 Reply
Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-09 08:56:56

Yes, you can connect a switch to LAN port of CPE.

In fact, many people will use this topology to expand their network.

Router----CPE210(AP))))))))CPE210(client)----switch----More cameras

Don't worry, This community is the official community of tplink. If you have any questions, you can consult netizens in this community, and even sometimes there will be tp-link staff to answer your questions.

Options
Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-09 09:24:48

Scott.Tao wrote

Yes, you can connect a switch to LAN port of CPE.

In fact, many people will use this topology to expand their network.

Router----CPE210(AP))))))))CPE210(client)----switch----More cameras

Don't worry, This community is the official community of tplink. If you have any questions, you can consult netizens in this community, and even sometimes there will be tp-link staff to answer your questions.

Thank you for your reply :)

Okay, this is great to know 

Please, One more question. So after the four cameras are connected, is it possible to control from the client side which camera video data will be sent to the CPE210(AP) ?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-10 06:06:10

Josy wrote

Please, One more question. So after the four cameras are connected, is it possible to control from the client side which camera video data will be sent to the CPE210(AP) ?

Do you mean that you want to control the camera data on the CPE?

If so, I'm afraid CPE doesn't have such function

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-10 10:52:57

Scott.Tao wrote

Josy wrote

Do you mean that you want to control the camera data on the CPE?

If so, I'm afraid CPE doesn't have such function

No, i do not want to control the camera data. Let me rephrase.

I mean: will i be able to receive the video surviellance of all the cameras at the same time at the AP side?

thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-10 14:43:27

Yes, you can check all cameras at the same time. The only problem you can meet is if you have 720p cameras and your signal strength between APs is not so good, so your bandwidth will be not so good and it will be not enough. In general, AP is just a switch, but  only wireless, that's all. So, everything you can do with a simple switch, you can do with AP.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-11 08:50:57

Mitya wrote

Yes, you can check all cameras at the same time. The only problem you can meet is if you have 720p cameras and your signal strength between APs is not so good, so your bandwidth will be not so good and it will be not enough. In general, AP is just a switch, but  only wireless, that's all. So, everything you can do with a simple switch, you can do with AP.

Okay, Thanks very much.

i will start and ask more questions if I have.

Regards

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-12 19:56:16

Josy wrote

Mitya wrote

Okay, Thanks very much.

i will start and ask more questions if I have.

Regards

Hi,

so i got my tp link ip camera(nc250) and i was able to check if its working using the tp camera app on my phone and laptop, so bascially the ip kamera was connected to the same router my phone and laptop are connected to.

Now i have already established a tp link cpe point to point and i pinged the client from the ap side to be sure it works.

I proceded to connect the ip camera to the Client via LAN so that i can still see the camera surviellance but i could not connect to the camera.

I am using my laptop to see the camera surviellance and the laptop is connected via wifi to the cpe AP, so i thought when i open the TPLINK Camera Control app on my laptop i should be able to see the camera surviellance.

Please what am i doing wrong?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-15 06:47:19

Everytime it's better to start troubleshooting with ping. Ping AP1, AP2 and Camera, then you understand, what step is wrong.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-15 08:00:26 - last edited 2019-07-15 08:05:07

Mitya wrote

Everytime it's better to start troubleshooting with ping. Ping AP1, AP2 and Camera, then you understand, what step is wrong.

Thank you for your reply.

I have only one AP and one Client. I pinged the Client from the AP side and got a response, so the communication works. I havent pinged the camera yet though but am sure it works fine because the camera shows a solid green when its connected to the CLIENT via LAN, meaning it is connected to the network.

My Topology right now is: LAPTOP----------AP))))))))))CLIENT-----------IP CAMERA.

And then I am rying to view the camera surviellance using the TPlink Camera control utility software on my laptop but I do not see what the camera is seeing.

My questions now are:

1) Is my topology right?.. i got this idea from the datasheet.

2)  Am i trying to view the camera surviellance the right way by using the TP Link camera software? 

If not, please what is the right way?

3) Am I supposed to do something extra for the camera when configuring the CPE210 in client mode?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Inquiry on TP Link cpe210 in client mode
2019-07-15 08:05:31

Topology is not only physical connection, but also subnets (ip/mask/gw, etc.). Physically it is totally OK, I would say it is one of the most popular usage of APs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3381

Replies: 13