CPE510 SETUP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 SETUP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 SETUP
CPE510 SETUP
2019-07-22 04:11:02
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to extend wireless from my home to some other house. House is less than 1km away from home. I would like to have WiFi over there so I can connect to it via phone, computer, etc.

So I configure one CPE as AP at my home and after setup I connect the LAN cable from my network, so it gives connection to the internet.

What about the other CPE? I configure it as Client or as Repeater? And when I Choose the SSID of AP, do I need to check the *Lock to the AP*?

And if there are any other things that I need to configure, like IP adresses, channels?

Also what to choose for security, because I want the password for WiFi.

I was trying to configure it a lot of times but there is always problem with signal. Sometimes it works 100% perfect, then it loses all. No signal, no connetion, nothing. It comes back again for the short period of time and it lose all again.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE510 SETUP
2019-07-22 13:36:10

proxy wrote

What about the other CPE? I configure it as Client or as Repeater?

Configure it as a client and use a local AP with omnidirectional antennas connected to the remote CPE by wire for distribution of the WLAN at the remote end.

And when I Choose the SSID of AP, do I need to check the *Lock to the AP*?

Yes.

And if there are any other things that I need to configure, like IP adresses, channels?

Use IPs from the subnet your are connecting to if you want to reach the CPE's UI. Channel selection is not needed for a client, it will use the same channel as the AP automatically in Client mode (it just connects to the AP's SSID / locked BSSID and selects the right channel).

Also what to choose for security, because I want the password for WiFi.

Use WPA2-PSK.

I was trying to configure it a lot of times but there is always problem with signal. Sometimes it works 100% perfect, then it loses all. No signal, no connetion, nothing. It comes back again for the short period of time and it lose all again.

Make sure that the antennas of both CPEs are exactly aligned to each other and there is free line of sight between the two.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re:CPE510 SETUP
2019-07-22 15:37:13

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

I think that the biggest problem I have is that there is no clear sight between the two CPE's.

Connection is always jumping. They find eachother but just a short period of time, like 3 seconds. (I'm watching this in status tab of configuration) so It doesn't even get the internet connection.

Also I have question, why is there not showing the second CPE (client) WiFi signal on my mobile phone if I search for signals? Thats because they don't connect completely together because connection of them two only lasts 3 seconds?

Thank you.

Options
Re: CPE510 SETUP
2019-07-22 17:41:26 - last edited 2019-07-24 00:53:49

proxy wrote

I think that the biggest problem I have is that there is no clear sight between the two CPE's.

For 5 GHz, even leaves of a tree are an obstacle, not to speak from houses, walls etc. You always not only need free line of sight for directional links over long distances, but also a Fresnel zone clearance. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone#Fresnel_zone_clearance

Also I have question, why is there not showing the second CPE (client) WiFi signal on my mobile phone if I search for signals?

Clients are not APs. Your Smartphone is a client and the second CPE is a client. They don't emit a SSID and they don't offer a WLAN to join unless you change them to be APs, too.

But even if you choose Repeater mode (mixed Client/AP mode) and have the second CPE offer a WLAN, it probably could be seen on the smartphone, but the smartphone's antennas will almost certainly not be able to send soemthing back to the second CPE over long distances.

CPEs are specially designed for directional links over very long distances between two or more CPEs/WBSs. They are not very useful for supplying WLAN to clients moving around the AP (only exceptions are WBS210/510 with omnidirectional TL-ANT2410MO or TL-ANT2415MS / TL-ANT-5819MS sector antennas over short distances).

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1161

Replies: 3

Related Articles