Omada Controller 3.2.1(Linux) has been released.

2019-07-29 09:36:34 - last edited 2020-04-21 09:45:42

Dear friends,

We are glad to share you that we have published Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Linux), which mainly optimizes the performance of the Omada Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

1. You can download Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Linux) at the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap-controller/#Controller_Software

2. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

Before this version of Omada Controller, we can use Omada Controller to manage no more than 500 EAPs. Now with Omada Controller 3.2.1, we can manage up to 1500 EAPs.

3. Installation on Linux Host

Two versions of installation package are provided: .tar.gzfile and .debfile. The .tar.gzfile can be used in multiple versions of Linux operating system. And the .debfile can be used in Ubuntu and Debian.

Make sure your PC meets the following requirements of hardware and system, then properly install the Omada Controller software.

3.1. Hardware Requirements

Omada Controller can manage up to 1500 EAPs if the Controller Host has enough hardware resources. To guarantee operational stability for managing 1500EAPs, we recommend that you use the hardware which meets or exceeds the following specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-8100, i5-6500, or i7-4700 with 2 or more cores and 4 or more threads.
  • Memory:6 GB RAM or more.

3.2. System Requirements

• Operating System: 64-bit Linux operating system, including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04, CentOS 6.x/7.x, Fedora 20 (or above) and Debian 9.8. 
  • Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox 32 (or above), Google Chrome 37 (or above), Opera 24 (or above), or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (or above).

New Feature/Enhancement:

1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.

3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.

4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.

Bug Fixed:

1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.

2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.

3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.

Notes:

1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.x, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.

2. The Omada Controller program needs to use the system's netstat command. If the Linux system does not have net-tools installed (which contain the netstat command), the program may not be able to run normally.

3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04, CentOS 6.x/7.x and Fedora 20 or above, Debian 9.8.

4. Built-in JRE 1.8 Java environment.

5. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.

6. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.8.

7. When upgrading from Controller 2.5.3 Linux to this version via install.sh, you need to uninstall old version of Controller first.

Options
14 Reply
Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Linux) has been released.
2019-09-17 02:35:37

@forrest Why no Delete All function in hotspot Users Tab?

Options
2019-09-17 06:19:28

@JustMeGaps 

We will consider to add this feature, thank you for your feedback.

Options
2019-09-17 08:16:55
Awesome! Looking forward to that. thank you
Options
2019-09-25 05:50:20

Hello
I have an error while installing omada on debian, and the same error on ubuntu

Install Omada Controller succeeded!
==========================
Omada Controller will start up with system boot. You can also control it by [/usr/bin/tpeap]. 
check omada
Starting Omada Controller...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Start failed.
========================
Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u12) ...

Options
2019-09-25 06:54:04

@Bastien 

Form the information we can know that the Omada Controller has been installed successfully. But when it starts to run, there is something wrong with it. 

Normally we need to install CURL, JSVC and net-tools, or we cannot run the Controller successfully. 

Options
2019-09-25 07:19:08

@Bastien I used this guide, I hope it could help you. just change the controller version to your liking

https://dreambyte.nl/2018/12/27/installing-eap-controller-on-raspberry-pi/

if links are not allowed. please delete this comment.

~cheers!

Options
2019-09-26 07:16:20

@forrest

yes, I have to install curl, and jsvc net tools before
it's been a week that i'm in Difficult with omada instalation, 
I left several times of zero, on debian and ubuntu
Options
2019-09-26 13:06:26

Bastien wrote

@forrest

yes, I have to install curl, and jsvc net tools before
it's been a week that i'm in Difficult with omada instalation, 
I left several times of zero, on debian and ubuntu

Hi @Bastien,

the problem with installation of jsvc on Debian-based OS is that the official jsvc package depends on OpenJDK, which - last time I checked - isn't fully compatible with Oracle's JDK/JRE required by Omada Controller.

I already suggested more than once to TP-Link to use the standard Linux tool start-stop-daemon for Privilege Separation instead of jsvc. My port of Omada Controller up to v2.7 used to use start-stop-daemon on Debian and it did work perfectly.

Unfortunately since Omada Controller v3.x it isn't possible to use start-stop-daemon any longer. Reason is that the Java function EapLinuxMain now tests for the platform (Linux/Windows), so the old function EapMain, which did run on both, Linux and Windows, can't be used anymore on Linux systems. Too bad!

For Debian I use a stand-alone jsvc compiled directly from the jsv / commons-daemon sources. It's only the dependency of the binary package, which prevents use of jsvc together with Oracle JDK/JRE on Debian systems, so you have to install it from the sources, not the binary package. On Raspbian you can choose to install jsvc with Oracle JRE, but it's an ARM architecture, thus not suitable for x86 or amd architectures.

Anyway,  it would be much better and even much more portable to use start-stop-daemon since Privilege Separation is needed only for the start of Omada Controller. Using jsvc just for this simple task makes not much sense at all IMO.

See this thread for the details.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2019-12-08 20:59:32

I'm having trouble migrating from Windows to Debian 9.10.

I installed the deb file from the download page, used the migrate function on windows, imported the data in to the Linux instance, but the access points dont migrate.

On the windows install i forgot one ap, and it showed up in the adopt tab, but it did not show up on the debian omada controller. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Options
2019-12-09 01:41:36

@Philllll, did you terminate the controller on the Windows system before starting the controller on the Debian system?

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6536

Replies: 14