What is the difference between "WiFi" and regular Internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 09:06:20 - last edited 2019-12-08 17:03:25
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 11

The entire backbone of the Internet is giant bundles of fiber optic cables. What changes with different types of Internet is what happens on the last mile- how it actually gets to your house.

If those fiber optic cables are connected to the phone network, you have DSL.

If the fiber optic cables are connected to a coaxial cable, you have cable Internet. routerlogin

If one of those fiber optic cables goes right to your door, you have fiber optic Internet, like FiOS. 192.168.0.1

And if those fiber optic cables are connected to a giant radio transmitter, you have cellular broadband. whatsapp web

Once it's in your house, you basically have two options: you can either send the signal through an Ethernet cable that you plug into your computer or you can buy yourself a small radio transmitter to make aort-range wireless network in your house- this is Wi-Fi.

It's true that a lot of people use WiFi, but it isn't ubiquitous. I live in an inner-city apartment. There are so many Wi-Fi networks here that the signals interfere with each other and it can get slow, so my computer is plugged in to my router with an Ethernet cable (although I do have WiFi for my other devices). My computer at work uses Ethernet as well.

Options
3 Reply
Re:What is the difference between "WiFi" and regular Internet?
2020-11-21 18:28:46

@nikki99 

If those fiber optic cables are connected to the phone network, you have DSL.

If the fiber optic cables are connected to a coaxial cable, you have cable Internet. routerlogin

If one of those fiber optic cables goes right to your door, you have fiber optic Internet, like FiOS. 192.168.0.1

And if those fiber optic cables are connected to a giant radio transmitter, you have cellular broadband. whatsapp web

Once it's in your house, you basically have two options: you can either send the signal through an Ethernet cable that you plug into your computer or you can buy yourself a small radio transmitter to make aort-range wireless network in your house- this is Wi-Fi.

It's true that a lot of people use WiFi, but it isn't ubiquitous. I live in an inner-city apartment. There are so many Wi-Fi networks here that the signals interfere with each other and it can get slow, so my computer is plugged in to my router with an Ethernet cable (although I do have WiFi for my other devices). My computer at work uses Ethernet as well.

Options
2021-05-19 07:27:30

@nikki99 

Mywifiext setup with our technicians is seamless. Our experts are on their toes to provide assistance regarding any issues related to Netgear mywifiext setup. We are determined to provide netgear extender setup solutions that don’t just satisfy the needs and requirements of our customers but also exceed their expectations. Our website 

mywifiext .cc

Options
2021-10-26 10:34:37

@nikki99 tplinkwifi.net is the default web address of tplink router setup. If you want to do tplink router setup, you must use tplinkwifi.net. In order to access tplinkwifi.net, open the browser and type this web address in the address bar and press enter. After few seconds, you can see a login window of tplink router in which you have to type the login detail. If you want more advanced steps and troubleshooting steps then you can visit our site.

https://tpllink-wifi.net/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1989

Replies: 3