Omada controller will not launch completely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-25 16:58:23 - last edited 2019-11-27 00:51:22
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just installed the Omada Controller (Omada_Controller_v3.2.1_Windows64bit) to attempt to confiure an EAP110.  The controllwer splash window launches, but never goes anywhere.  When I click on the "Details" drop down, it says, "Write PID Error...."

That's as far as I can get.  I have the EAP110 connected to the LAN, and the light on it is green.  I had tried to configure it wirelessly, but it refuses to accept any changes, and, while it will allow me to add an SSID, it will not allow me to save it, nor to change to any other configuation tabs.  I have reset the unit and restarted the process several times.

Ormada is installed on Win7 Pro 64 bit. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada controller will not launch completely-Solution
2019-11-26 01:22:52 - last edited 2019-11-27 00:51:22

Hello @Baronius ,

This issue is related to the administrator privileges. I think you are running the PC as a guest account and that is the reason.

Please run the Controller as the administrator account, then the Omada Controller will work normally. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada controller will not launch completely-Solution
2019-11-26 01:22:52 - last edited 2019-11-27 00:51:22

Hello @Baronius ,

This issue is related to the administrator privileges. I think you are running the PC as a guest account and that is the reason.

Please run the Controller as the administrator account, then the Omada Controller will work normally. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada controller will not launch completely
2019-11-26 13:55:59

@forrest 

Thank you, that was the problem.   This should be documented in the instructions.  Using an admin account for everday work is not exactly a good idea.

The controller has now launched correctly, though it did show that a DB had not started.  Once it launched the browser, I got a certificate error from Firefox.   I bypassed that, and now I'm into the controller.  I was able to create an account.

My next problem is that it does not find the AP, which is sitting comfortably on my network, happily displaying a green light.

Any ideas on that?

My admin machine is connected to my router, which is connected to a switch, and the AP is connected to the switch.

Options
2019-11-27 00:59:38 - last edited 2019-11-28 00:50:54

Hi @Baronius ,

We are happy that you can launch the Omada Controller now. But as you said, the DB server is not started, it means the Omada Controller doesn't run successfully. Please re-open it and have a try. When it launch successfully, it should be like this: 

For the certificate error, it is normal, please don't worry about it. Actually, the Omada Controller is using a self-signed certificate, so the browser cannot identify the certificate and tell us the certificate error. You can also change the certificate if you have one, please refer to the following faq: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/866/

After you run the Omada Controller successfully, if you still cannot find the EAP, please close the firewall or anti-virus and have a try.

Options
2019-11-27 20:58:48

@forrest 

Thank you, that did the trick.  I had to allow the controller through the firewall, and then it saw the AP.  We're up and running now.  Thanks for the help!

If those items were mentioned on the quick start documentation it would probably save a lot of questions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2840

Replies: 4

Related Articles