Internet Show Down through TP-Link Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 11:52:29
Model: TL-SG1016DE  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I have a bit of a strange issue. When I try to use my switch between my computer and my router I am seeing a reduction in internet speed. I have also noticed that when using the switch with VLANs anything that is connecting to a VLAN from my VMWare host server has a reduced internet speed of around 50%. I have completely rebuilt the VLANs on the VMWare host and on the Switch. I have also tested all cables between the Switch and the router and the Switch and the Server and they are all working fine. If I use any of the cables to connect my laptop directly to the router I am getting the rull internet speed of around 380mb. 

I am trying to rule out the different sections of the network and was wondering if there is any settings on TP Link Switches that might cause this type of behaiour?

These are things I have already tested on the network;

1. Netork Cables used on all connections (router > switch, router > computer, switch > computer and switch > VMWare host)
  2. \internet Speed at router is between 360 and 380megabits 
  3. When going through the switch (with or without VLANs enabled) is around 170 Megabits 
  4. DNS Servers being used are google's

Does anyone has any suggestions of what might be going on or why this might be happening?

Regards,

Tom

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 0

Related Articles