EAP245 V3 slow speeds after running for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP245 V3 slow speeds after running for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
52 Reply
Re:EAP245 V3 slow speeds after running for few hours
2021-01-26 02:11:41

Yeah I don't understand how TPLink markets these devices to enterprises. I've had ISP-provided routers that were more reliable than these

Options
Re:EAP245 V3 slow speeds after running for few hours
2021-01-29 19:09:15

@sgnb 

So I ended up getting two replacement EAP225. My iphone hits the max on speedtest.net and does well (500-600mbps) on iperf3. My surface pro 7 maxes out on speedtest.net but only does about 200-300 mbps on the iperf3. Pretty weird because the Surface pro 7 did, when the original EAP225 worked well, hit 600+ on iperf3. Now it doesnt seem to want to.

Either way, its working well enough now that I will stil with them. I never transfer data internally, so local speeds are less important. My guess is now the slow iperf3 on my sp7 is due to hardware settings on the sp7 or just interference in my house that it doesn't transmit through well.

So it looks likely there was a hardware fault with my original AP. I will update if things ever change performance wise.

Options