EAP115 Lockup/ Loss of Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 13:40:38 - last edited 2020-06-02 10:21:18
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My EAP115 locks up / freezes  every now and then. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.  

Sometimes it will be fine for several weeks, at other times it will freeze twice in 24 hours.

The obvious symptom is  'dropping' Wifi connection with, for example, Smart Plugs normally connected to its Network SSID and refusing Wifi connections.  A 'reset' cures the problem.

I'm running the latest firmware.  I've also returned one device, the replacement displays the same symptoms.

No issues elsewhere on the network etc. 

Any ideas please?

Regards

Brian

Options
7 Reply
Re:EAP115 Lockup/ Loss of Connection
2020-11-23 09:25:20

@G8OSN Hi, I have exactly same problem. Smart devices cause problem for me. Did you get any answer that why this happens? I am not using smart bulbs or switch because of this.

I was using Nedis smart bulbs and sockets. Problem is also when installing them via Tuya app. I have to reset accesspoint every time when i try to install new bulb or socket. For some reason only SSID lock itself, but accesspoint itself is working via ethernet..

Options
2020-11-23 17:00:25
Hi, No, I never got a response or a fix. I do run a number of Smart devices but I can't recall if the problem predates using them. In the end I gave up on the TP-link device and I now have a MESH system from another vendor which has never locked up.
Options
2020-11-30 11:15:09

@G8OSN Good to know. I am sure that it is because smart things. From my last message i setted up smart bulbs and socket to my EAP115 and also updated EAP to newest software. Now after 7 days EAP locked up again wifi. Do not see any SSID from this accesspoint, but i can access to it through ethernet. I think that i have to also buy some other brand accesspoint so that this do not happen again.

In accesspoint i see that on TX side there is a lot of errors, but i do not know is this is the actual problem.

Options
2020-12-10 13:41:43

Now it happened again after 7 days uptime.

Does anybody know why wlan is dropping? Here is traffic logs if it helps.

Options
2020-12-11 12:23:33

Dear @Netwista,

Now it happened again after 7 days uptime.

Does anybody know why wlan is dropping? Here is traffic logs if it helps.

You may refer to this post to optimize the wireless performance of EAP products.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-24 12:26:44

@Fae , I have exactly same problem. Smart devices cause problem for me. 

Yes, I read  this post to optimize the wireless performance of EAP products.

Tomaz

Options
2021-03-25 01:06:34

Dear @_Roni,

I have exactly same problem. Smart devices cause problem for me. 

Yes, I read  this post to optimize the wireless performance of EAP products.

To better assist you, could you please elaborate on the problem of smart devices? 

What's the model number and firmware version of your Omada EAPs?

It's recommended to start a new thread with detailed information so that we can understand the problem.

BTW, here is a post related to a disconnect issue of the smart devices on Omada EAP for your reference.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/258194

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1220

Replies: 7